Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These Live streams always crash for me, there wasn't any chance of getting the code the first time even if it was available for 5 minutes, managed to get the live stream back up and running after they announced it for the second time to nab my $3.

I asked a question in live chat but it crashed so I don't know if it was answered, any news on the Ralph McQuarrie Darth Vader Sixth Scale figure that they showed in 2015, then never to be mentioned again?
I'm getting really sick and tired of asking, I'm thinking of bombing their next live stream with the question over and over again to see if they'll finally answer. [emoji38]
I asked Sideshow's Star Wars project manager, Matt Bischoff, at Comic Con last Wednesday about the Vader they had teased, as well as a Boba Fett that would have been next in a series of planned sixth scale McQuarrie figures (he told me back in 2015 that the plan had been to release them in the opposite order of the statue releases), and he said that Vader and Boba Fett (and, presumably, a sixth scale McQ Stormtrooper) are indefinitely on hold. He said the McQuarrie statues sold well but not in the numbers they would need to move forward on articulated figures, which are much more expensive to make. Combine that with all the Star Wars movies and TV shows coming out and in the works, and thats apparently where Lucasfilm wants them to focus. He didn't want to rule out ever releasing the sixth scale McQuarrie Vader and the other figures they had designed, but it also sounded like the Obi Wan Mythos figure is probably the only "not seen on screen" figure we'll get for quite a while.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I asked Sideshow's Star Wars project manager, Matt Bischoff, at Comic Con last Wednesday about the Vader they had teased, as well as a Boba Fett that would have been next in a series of planned sixth scale McQuarrie figures (he told me back in 2015 that the plan had been to release them in the opposite order of the statue releases), and he said that Vader and Boba Fett (and, presumably, a sixth scale McQ Stormtrooper) are indefinitely on hold. He said the McQuarrie statues sold well but not in the numbers they would need to move forward on articulated figures, which are much more expensive to make. Combine that with all the Star Wars movies and TV shows coming out and in the works, and thats apparently where Lucasfilm wants them to focus. He didn't want to rule out ever releasing the sixth scale McQuarrie Vader and the other figures they had designed, but it also sounded like the Obi Wan Mythos figure is probably the only "not seen on screen" figure we'll get for quite a while.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Wow, that's very disappointing to hear. I was really looking forward to that and for it to go into Sideshow limbo (AKA not going to happen) is just depressing. They should consider that Statue collectors are a different group from articulated mixed media Sixth Scale collectors. There are some statues that I like but would never buy because of the price, but I would definitely consider buying a less expensive articulated figure especially if it's of something I'd only want one version of. Hopefully that Mythos Obi-Wan figure will sell well enough that they'll reconsider, which by the way, I'm not at all interested in buying that one, I'm not an Obi-Wan fan.

Thanks for finally getting some much needed answers on this S. Griffin, I'd encourage you to share (repost) this news in the main McQ Vader Sixth Scale figure thread, there's a lot of people who would like to know whats going on with this:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-series-darth-vader-collectible-figure-4.html

Not necessarily, I tried entering the code within seconds of it being announced during the live show, it it had already "expired". Many others had the same issue. It was great that they put it back up later, but their attitude about "so many people complaining" was a bit oft-putting.

Complaints about why codes don't last longer than 2 or 5 minutes is one thing. Complaints about a code that doesn't work the instant it's announced is warranted, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair, they didn't realize it was problem for everyone. They thought it was just people who missed it were complaining.

Let's all cut them some slack. They're trying something new and there will be setbacks which they have proven to remedy. It's not like they HAVE TO give us free money.

It's nice that they acknowledged the lag issue. Hopefully they'll keep it in mind for their "first-person-to-enter" codes and maybe change the way they do those, or make them available to everyone but in the span of 10 seconds or something.

They are on LIVE right now, crossing fingers for a code

bummer no code day

My pessimistic side is thinking these code aren't going to be given as often but SS knows they have everyone looking for them hooked now.
They'll probably throw one out just often enough to keep people watching.

My pessimistic side is thinking these code aren't going to be given as often but SS knows they have everyone looking for them hooked now.
They'll probably throw one out just often enough to keep people watching.

Variable interval reinforcement has the best success.

Back