Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah my $50 is fully banked.

They should introduce Russian roulette codes. 4 out of 5 people get $5 in rewards but every 5th person who enters it loses $20 in rewards. That way Sideshow doesn't actually lose any money.

I sucked at rewards during SDCC. Got half at most. But during the last Spook, I think I got them all. You win some, you lose some. I'm happy with what I got...

Cool, which one?

Someone on Twitter is claiming he got MARVELOUS17 but "didn't get the points." I'm thinking we both got the confirm/claim box after entering it saying we found the code, but I clicked confirm faster.

Looks like the total possible haul from regular codes is $77 now.

That was me. I got the confirmation for the $50 code and after entering my email it said the points were added to my account. I didn't think to check my account until about 10 minutes later and nothing posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm at $34 from these SDCC codes. Way better than nothing! Thank you Sideshow and all the people that post the codes!

Am I missing why so many of us are sounding so sure that the codes are done for this year's SDCC? A few people have posted some speculation and/or guesses, and then everyone else is acting like SS 100% confirmed that the codes are done for this year. Did I miss something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I scored almost all of last Spook codes, but this event caught me totally off guard and I didn't really get involved until Friday after many of the codes had already been dished out. Still, I'm $36 richer in Sideshow funny money than I was before.

Between this and the $50 codes mailed out to some people, it seems Sideshow is being generous lately. Wonder what next Spook will bring?

They should introduce Russian roulette codes. 4 out of 5 people get $5 in rewards but every 5th person who enters it loses $20 in rewards. That way Sideshow doesn't actually lose any money.

That'd be terrible, and the backlash would be insane. Sideshow isn't losing anything by giving away $30-$40 (and that's to those who were able to get EVERY code, which likely wasn't as many as it seems) every so often. Sure that adds up across hundreds of people, but those hundreds of people will then eventually make hundreds of orders that they may not have made otherwise. It's all incentive to make more orders. I mean, you make an order, and then you get more points from THAT order, just so you're like, "Well, now I have $14.88 sitting there...so that's a bit of discount, let's get something else."

If someone was excited to see a code drop and then lost $20 -- especially of their own actual RP -- that'd be the worst. Sideshow is actually making loads of money by giving away these RP points during SDCC and Spook, as odd as that may sound.

I got $57 + $50. But I think TechLife beat me. I won a grand finale code and it looks like that still wasn't enough to make me the #1 earner on the forum. :dunno

I got $67 + $50

:rotfl That would definitely keep things interesting...

Whatever sideshow gives,they will take back more

No joke. I plan to use that $117 toward the MK III. I think they'll still be in the black... :)

Final Tally:

HTLIVE - $3
CURATED - $5
SDCC2017 - $5
SWAMPY - $3
RISE - $5
SDCCFRI17 - $3
INSTAFUN - $3
MOURNING - $5
MYTHOS - $3
KITTY - $4
GOROGUE - $5
SANDIEGO - $3
ONEPRIME - $3
COMICSAT17 - $3
GOODDAY - $4
KEEPCOOL - $5
SWLIVE - $3
JUSTICE - $3
SOSAD - $5
LOVEYOUTUBE - $4

Thx for the great job with the running list!! :clap

Measly $26 for me! Can't complain about free!

That was me. I got the confirmation for the $50 code and after entering my email it said the points were added to my account. I didn't think to check my account until about 10 minutes later and nothing posted.

Sorry you got faked out. Their system may not be set up to catch a code that expires in mid-claim like that. I was already logged in so didn't have to type in my e-mail, so that was probably 100 split seconds more than I needed to bank it first.

I think the first message that comes up is "you have discovered a code," do this to claim it, etc. So the text may not be technically saying you have it banked yet when you type it in and submit. I think when you're already logged in it says click here to claim it or add the points to your account. So I had to type it in, hit submit, and then click another button to claim it.

Well, whether they're making money on this or not is something that's not totally easy to say. Logically speaking, they wouldn't repeatedly do it if they weren't. But on an individual level, in my case, they're not making money on me. I have my set list of items I want to order, mainly Star Wars, and will order them whether I have points or not. I saved up all my points for a long time and used them on the Snowtrooper 2-pack. But I would've ordered it even if I had no points. :lol

In this case, they spent $225 in codes (plus prizes) to get people to watch their podcast, which advertised products. It's likely that the increased amount of people who watched because of the giveaways justified that expense for the advertising budget, but we don't have those numbers either. If they sell just a few more products to people who wouldn't have watched otherwise, then that would justify the expense.

Clearly they're trying to use the codes to get people to watch all this social media stuff. That makes sense for advertising. Us sitting here and collecting the codes without watching isn't as well-justified financially from their end.

Well, whether they're making money on this or not is something that's not totally easy to say. Logically speaking, they wouldn't repeatedly do it if they weren't. But on an individual level, in my case, they're not making money on me. I have my set list of items I want to order, mainly Star Wars, and will order them whether I have points or not. I saved up all my points for a long time and used them on the Snowtrooper 2-pack. But I would've ordered it even if I had no points. :lol

In this case, they spent $225 in codes (plus prizes) to get people to watch their podcast, which advertised products. It's likely that the increased amount of people who watched because of the giveaways justified that expense for the advertising budget, but we don't have those numbers either. If they sell just a few more products to people who wouldn't have watched otherwise, then that would justify the expense.

Clearly they're trying to use the codes to get people to watch all this social media stuff. That makes sense for advertising. Us sitting here and collecting the codes without watching isn't as well-justified financially from their end.

When some of their figures and statues run into the hundreds of dollars, giving people $20 or so off isn't that much for them. Also, they could be writing off some, if not all of this as advertising. I'm not sure how big business works, but as a small business owner at one time, I could write off a percentage of our advertising. Believe me, they're making money or they wouldn't do it.

Back