Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SP00KY15 $20 code

2013 was a great year. I think maybe there was indeed a $20 code that year

There were a few, I think. I came into it kinda late, but I remember missing a $20 code, then getting one, then a couple for $10, then a few for $5, then a couple for odd amounts like $1.25.

FYI on emails from an IT guy: It COULD be a limitation on the sender's server end that it can only send out so many at one time, true. But more than likely, I've found it's something on the receiving end. Either an influx of emails all at once that cause delays, or a filtering program that tries to pull out spam before it ever hits your inbox. I'm signed up for the newsletter on two different email accounts; for some reason, my work account usually gets the email around an hour after the code's been popping up, while my gmail is a good 4-5 hours after that.

Does anyone have a tally for Spook 2013? I missed most of them, but I have a distinct impression it may have been over $120 in total.

There were a few, I think. I came into it kinda late, but I remember missing a $20 code, then getting one, then a couple for $10, then a few for $5, then a couple for odd amounts like $1.25.

I ended up with $105 in 2013 and know I missed at least 4-5 codes that year. Now that the memory is jogged, I missed a $10, 2 $5s, a $20, and maybe one other one that year. I lost A LOT of sleep that year haha.

How many events are there a year where they give out RPs? Just Spook, or some Christmas/other holiday events as well?

Can I submit the same reaping offering in Twitter and Facebook or does it have to be different?

You can submit on both accounts, but it has to be the same offering on both. No doubling up.

Screen Shot 2015-10-30 at 1.19.52 PM.jpg

FYI on emails from an IT guy: It COULD be a limitation on the sender's server end that it can only send out so many at one time, true.

Companies with huge lists don't send out their own mass emails (most companies don't own their own servers anyway) and never do them all at exactly the same time - that would cause issues on everyone's end and would trigger too many anti-spam measures. Popular services like Mailchimp will handle lists of unimaginable lengths and allow scheduling. If you maintain a large marketing list you don't want issues on anyone's end, you want as close to all the emails to be delivered properly. It's the only way to go.

Last edited:

Can I submit the same reaping offering in Twitter and Facebook or does it have to be different?

You are only supposed to submit once. You can submit the same exact offer and prize on both FB and Twitter. But if you get caught submitting 2 different things you are automatically disqualified.

How many events are there a year where they give out RPs? Just Spook, or some Christmas/other holiday events as well?

They have given them out during 12 says of sideshow before but I'm not sure they are doing that anymore. With a decline in codes over the years, I think we could see less in the future. Still free $ so I'm good.

Both Spook and 12 Days of Christmas in 2013, only Spook in 2014 (not counting one code at the end of 12 Days).

Just got the email, no figure deals that folks were hoping for. I guess nothing today other than contests.

I know this is about Spooktacular, but Popcultcha are having a 20% off sale storewide now....in-stock items only.
Just wanted to give a heads-up.

Sniff sniff... I can remember when the email list was just a tiny little thing, barely long enough to fill the address line in an email client.
I remember when you first suggested doing this :hi5:

How many you got subscribed now?

It would be neat to unveil Ash on Halloween...which happens to be when Ash vs. Evil Dead premiers.

Ah...so 2013 is what I've been remembering.
Cause I do remember getting a $20 and a couple of $10...and made out well eventhough I missed out on quite a few codes.
That's right, cause I do remember also getting some weird ones like $1.50 or something, lol.

I ended up with $105 in 2013 and know I missed at least 4-5 codes that year. Now that the memory is jogged, I missed a $10, 2 $5s, a $20, and maybe one other one that year. I lost A LOT of sleep that year haha.
Think I've missed two codes in three years :D

Back