Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SP00KY15 $20 code

yeah, I just got Pinit and thinking on opening an Instagram account....

Not familiar with Instagram. We're we supposed to use the hashtags she provided in our response?

Not familiar with Instagram. We're we supposed to use the hashtags she provided in our response?

Not for Instagram. Only time you'll use hashtags for IG is if you're doing a repost.

Instagram, is basically the shouting/broadcast/publishing concept of Twitter for photos, without the limit of 140 characters - And people "comment" on your photo, not "reply" to it. There's no republish (retweet) because most people consider photos a little bit more copyright sensitive than a 140 character blurb of text.

Don't even get me started on hashtags for IG. Hatshtags (keywords) are (beyond) extremely important on Intagram when posting, otherwise no one is going to find your post/photo - AFAIK keywords are the only searchable content data - you can also search for people (their accounts) and places (GPS data). So if someone posts a photo of a particular car and they title/desribe it, but they don't hashtag any terms/names, you'll never find it.

That problem exists elsewhere too, but for example, the searching on Flickr is much more expansive.

Last edited:

I joined Twitter a few days ago, and I can't stand the layout, or the reply format. Terribly designed site. I'm signing up for Instagram right now, hopefully it's a bit better. And I do wildlife and nature photography so I guess I can use it for that too.

Gotcha. Have never been on instagram. Learning as I go

I joined Twitter a few days ago, and I can't stand the layout, or the reply format. Terribly designed site. I'm signing up for Instagram right now, hopefully it's a bit better. And I do wildlife and nature photography so I guess I can use it for that after Spook.

Twitter works better on the mobile app. I personally can't stand Twitter, I'm Instagram all the way. It's way more expressive.

Susan is killing it on Periscope right now... She gave away Whiplash and Jango , so far..

She's given away Whiplash, Jango and a female marvel figure TBD. So far. Loving this Periscope giveaway.

You have to use the app (not the website) and ask her questions. She's just grabbing people and giving them stuff.

Oh, MAN! Periscope was intense. I was the lucky guy that got Whiplash, Mk II. I just downloaded the Periscope app earlier today to mess with it when I learned about it on Twitter from following Sideshow. Real easy to setup if you're already on Twitter. Couldn't believe Susan called me out when I requested Whiplash for a giveaway. She freaked me out when she asked if I 'wanted' him or already 'have' him. I was texting 'WANT!' worried she wouldn't see my message with all the others pouring in. Fortunately, she did. Awesome fun. I'm definitely hooked on Spooktacular this year. Great start!

Attachments

• Hot Toys_IM2_Whiplash-Diecast.jpg
    Hot Toys_IM2_Whiplash-Diecast.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 280

I joined Twitter a few days ago, and I can't stand the layout, or the reply format.

If you're using the web site you'll always hate it, there's no way around that. It's ultra-crap. You have to use a piece of dedicated client software, preferably a third-party one like Tweetbot.

Oh, MAN! Periscope was intense. I was the lucky guy that got Whiplash, Mk II. I just downloaded the Periscope earlier today to mess with it when I learned about it on Twitter from following Sideshow. Real easy to setup if you're already on Twitter. Couldn't believe Susan called me out when I requested Whiplash for a giveaway. She freaked me out when she asked if I 'wanted' him or already 'have' him. I was texting 'WANT!' worried she wouldn't see my message with all the others pouring in. Fortunately, she did. Awesome fun. I'm definitely hooked on Spooktacular this year. Great start!

Holy crap!!! That is mega-awesome.

Oh, MAN! Periscope was intense. I was the lucky guy that got Whiplash, Mk II. I just downloaded the Periscope app earlier today to mess with it when I learned about it on Twitter from following Sideshow. Real easy to setup if you're already on Twitter. Couldn't believe Susan called me out when I requested Whiplash for a giveaway. She freaked me out when she asked if I 'wanted' him or already 'have' him. I was texting 'WANT!' worried she wouldn't see my message with all the others pouring in. Fortunately, she did. Awesome fun. I'm definitely hooked on Spooktacular this year. Great start!
Congrats on the win. I tried, but it was chaos.

Periscope was fun! Hope we do that again. She liked my "down periscope?" joke lol

Instagram is photo-based though. Twitter lets you write an original comment on articles, news stories, your own topic, etc. with just text.

The picture posting/liking/commenting on Instagram isn't any different from Facebook, so I'm not quite sure why people ever felt there was a need for it instead of just using Facebook.

Congrats man, a little jealous :thud:

I'm not getting involved with all this stuff. I'll be happy with a few reward points.

I still prefer the old Spook days. The chats were fun.

Back