Statue CS Moore Lady Death La Muerta Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcmarv

Super Freak
Reaction score
1013546_634749339877338_1677089695_n.jpg

46337_634811239871148_722543681_n.jpg

I'm in!!

I don't understand her face. Is it supposed to be shaped like a skull as well? Seems like the jaw and lower portion are condensed. It really throws it off for me.

I don't understand her face. Is it supposed to be shaped like a skull as well? Seems like the jaw and lower portion are condensed. It really throws it off for me.

Just Google lady death la muerta print. Yes, meant to be like a skull.

would have preferred if she looked more like the image on the sculpting page :( ah well, pass for us

Look up, "sugar skull art", it's based in Mexican culture and tattoo artists have been using it for decades. Some of the pin ups done in the style are amazing.

Update from FB: Estimated price of $259, so I'm out... That's comiquette range...

That isn't a Sideshow statue.

I know. Sideshow isn't the only company that released Lady Death statues in past, either.

Is it the use of the word "variant" that confused you? I meant it as in "different to her usual look", not that as an actual variant of an already released statue.

Lady Death used to have many different looks. Some of them come from the comics, others from the Pin-up specials, and others from trading cards collections. If I'm not mistaken, I think I've seen something very similar to this from a trading card.

I know. Sideshow isn't the only company that released Lady Death statues in past, either.

Is it the use of the word "variant" that confused you? I meant it as in "different to her usual look", not that as an actual variant of an already released statue.

Lady Death used to have many different looks. Some of them come from the comics, others from the Pin-up specials, and others from trading cards collections. If I'm not mistaken, I think I've seen something very similar to this from a trading card.

Exactly why I was confused. And yes she's had a great many different interpretations over the years.

I used to read her comics in the Chaos! Comics days.

Not reading her Avatar/Boundless series. I tried her new books, but got bored fast. Just the premise didn't make much sense... so, the whole series was built upon a very unconvincing idea, and everything always felt forced and illogical.

Back