Crispy Episode III Anakin aka "Am I crazy?"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_jedi1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Crispy Episode III Anakin: Basically finished.

O.K. I found my SS Anakin Episode III's robotic arm the other day and was looking at my repainted crispy Hasbro Ultimate Villain Anakin head.
Now, I could swear that I saw someone on here make a burned Anakin from the end of Episode III, you know, before he was rebuilt in the Vader suit.

I want to make one of my own and would like to use the photos that I think I remember as reference but I cannot for the life of me find it. Been looking for two days and now, I give up. lol

I have a few ideas on what to do but would like advice and well, if anyone has photos, it would be appreciated.
Thank you
Richard

Last edited:
im thinking that may have been saintsyn.

or die........:confused:..............i remember seeing him too.

I only did a repaint a while back....

ROTSVaderrepaint.jpg

I might actually buy that if Sideshow comes out with one. It should be cheaper than usual, though, if it accurately is missing the legs and one of the arms.

as promised.. pics :D
(I'm not very far.. just getting started)
P1060277.jpg

P1060341.jpg

P1060342.jpg

P1060343.jpg

P1060344.jpg

P1060345.jpg

since it's going to be heavily distressed and altered/added to, I'm using one of the old crappy hasbro bodies. Specifically the one from the stormtrooper Luke.
it had these funky rubber legs with a plastic "skeleton" inside that I removed and may alter to make his artificial limbs (if I decide to go the reconstruction route with him.)

minor update.. havent had much time between work and watching the in-laws kids but I managed to get a little done today.
(left side upper chest and shoulder)
P1060403.jpg

P1060404.jpg

P1060405.jpg

P1060406.jpg

lol, thanks
I decided to try a test paint of the finished areas today. I like how it looks so far.
P1060412.jpg

P1060413.jpg

P1060414.jpg

P1060415.jpg

P1060416.jpg

P1060417.jpg

P1060418.jpg

P1060419.jpg

P1060420.jpg

I still have a way to go on it, but I like how its turning out at this point. :D
I'm seriously considering adding some more color to the head...

alright, it's basically finished now. YES, the neck is a little long but I'm ok with that. I MIGHT re-paint the head at some point but otherwise, I'm calling it done enough.
Until I decide to make the "bed" hes repaired on that is ;)
P1060435.jpg

P1060436.jpg

P1060437.jpg

P1060438.jpg

P1060439.jpg

With his "Brothers"
P1060442.jpg

With the Hasbro offering
P1060443.jpg

With the Sideshow Anakin
P1060444.jpg

a preview of things yet to come...
P1060445.jpg

there are a few more pics but these show the most detail (IMO) the others are here
https://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/d_jedi1/6th scale/Vader/

Very cool custom. I really like the detail of the burnt tunic. Looks very realistic.

Nice work man! I never did a full crispy Anakin, I did a pre burn Anakin with burnt clothing and weathering. But this takes a whole different level of guts. :rock

I had some scrap, dark brown flannel material that I had left over from making a Jedi robe for my nephew when he went to disney so I used that and some other fabric scraps to make his clothes.. the (sewn) seams ended just before where the burning would be.
I took measurements and made him a more or less complete (I mean.. the sleeves were short but I didn't wanna waste material) tunic.
The belt is made from scrap leather and the obi is leftover from when I made my (horribly inaccurate) episode three costume for the premiere.
Hpim0910.jpg

I have improved it some since then but honestly it needs a full re-do.
The pants were the crappy ones from the hasbro ultimate villain Anakin (the the ultimate villain got new pants made for him ;) )
I made an inner lining to the tunic from some scrap fabric but it was more of a dickie than a full-on real undershirt.
Then, I started heating up a metal bar from a windshield wiper blade (I find these and then use them for detail parts or to make 1/6th blades) which I used to burn slowly through the fabric. I only had a couple of flameups which stopped pretty quickly due to the nature of the fabric. I think it's cotton, I need to check but yeah, I actually made him clothes and then burned them off.

Back