creature from the black lagoon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC_1612.JPG

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>Wolf and Drac you can get for about $60, even less, if you're savvy at sniping on ebaY. Look to trade an eye, kidney, lung or testicle for the Creature though.

Yikes... that hard huh :eek:

To be honest, now through about January would be the worst time to look for him. He picks up popularity around Halloween and then skyrockets in price during the Christmas season and shortly after (with people spending X-mas cash).

It doesn't bother me. I like some of the stylistic changes SS made. I also think this has the best color palatte out of this, the PF and the dio.

Im still bothered by the Orange eyes. Im so tempted to repaint them.

you wanna know what bothers me?

This is my 3rd Creature 1:1 bust & and i am contemplating sending this one back YET AGAIN! The 1st one arrive about a month ago and it had a major skrape inbetween the eyes & a chewed up eyebrow.

The 2nd one arrived it was wonderful looking. Great paint job, much better than the 1st. I examined the statue closely and i noticed a small chip on the side of his head. I was gonna let this go until I noticed the back left corner of the bust went completley unpainted. There section was roughly the size of a QUATER and it was white, when it should have been black.

So the 3rd Creature arrived last night I opened him up onloy to notice this was BY FAR the sloppiest paint job YET :monkey2! ! ! There is paint over spray all over his forehead & inbetween his eyes (formed black clumps)that can easily be mistaken for chips. You have to be up close to notice, but they're there ... about 10-20 small black spots right on his dome.

this 3rd statue has no skrapes, chips but it is the worse paint application of the three. There is also orange overspray on the eyelids, it seems the orange eyes were not carefully painted, leading to the GREEN eyelids being coated with a serious touch of orange.

Trying to acquire a MINT copy of this bust has been a nightmare. I am very upset because the pictures above are from the 2nd bust ... after looking at the paint job of the 2nd I wish I held onto the 2nd bust.

so much for 3 times a charm ... hopefully they let me send it back for a 4th bust !

THOUGHTS?

Back