Couple of recent pickups. PICS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be cool, they wouldn't even have to pay me, just let me keep the piece I'm shooting.

If anyone from SS reads this, I'm not kidding!:naughty

you definitely have the eye and talent! most importantly, the passion... SST would do well to have you on their side!

i would love to see some photos of your set up... the gear you use and the positioning of the umbrellas / light box...

Wow..... Amazing pics... And I love the added pics of Blade vs Dracula!!!! :rock Man that piece is SO awesome!!! I'm soo soo close to just giving in and buying it :eek:

Hey Squider, I'm assuming you do professional photography for a living? Can you fill us in on your profession??? Your work is inspiring to say the least :)

you definitely have the eye and talent! most importantly, the passion... SST would do well to have you on their side!

i would love to see some photos of your set up... the gear you use and the positioning of the umbrellas / light box...

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment. Passion for sure, the other two I am always working on.

My camera is a Nikon D3 with the Nikon 105mm macro lens. Lighting is provided by high watt fluorescent lights for the indoor shots. When I get a wide angle lens I will take pics of the setup.

Wow..... Amazing pics... And I love the added pics of Blade vs Dracula!!!! :rock Man that piece is SO awesome!!! I'm soo soo close to just giving in and buying it :eek:

Hey Squider, I'm assuming you do professional photography for a living? Can you fill us in on your profession??? Your work is inspiring to say the least :)

Thanks Chris, the Blade dio is great piece, buy it already!

I am definitely not a professional photographer. I actually picked up my first DSLR last X-Mas and have been practicing every since. In my collection thread, you can see the progress from the beginning. I was thinking of replacing my earlier pics but they serve as a nice reminder of my progression. The advantage of digital photography is that you can practice for free and delete whatever you don't like.

I'm a Power Engineer by trade and work for a major Canadian oil company. Great job, pays for this addictive hobby!

Last edited:
Thanks, I appreciate the compliment. Passion for sure, the other two I am always working on.

My camera is a Nikon D3 with the Nikon 105mm macro lens. Lighting is provided by high watt fluorescent lights for the indoor shots. When I get a wide angle lens I will take pics of the setup.

Thanks Chris, the Blade dio is great piece, buy it already!

I am definitely not a professional photographer. I actually picked up my first DSLR last X-Mas and have been practicing every since. In my collection thread, you can see the progress from the beginning. I was thinking of replacing my earlier pics but they serve as a nice reminder of my progression. The advantage of digital photography is that you can practice for free and delete whatever you don't like.

I'm a Power Engineer by trade and work for a major Canadian oil company. Great job, pays for this addictive hobby!

:lol I WOULD buy this, but I'm saving my $$ for the many items I have on pre-order :D (Iron Man 1:1, Thor PF, Indiana Jones PF, General Grivous 1:1, Iron Spider Man)

So you're NOT a professional photographer?? wow... You seem to have all the accessories that one would need to do this for a living (backdrop, lighting, NICE CAMERAS!!!) Man, that's really cool :D I'm becoming EXTREMELY interested in photography, as I plan to start another bachelors in graphic/web design soon :D That's great that you're a power engineer. What does that entail? :confused:

:lol I WOULD buy this, but I'm saving my $$ for the many items I have on pre-order :D (Iron Man 1:1, Thor PF, Indiana Jones PF, General Grivous 1:1, Iron Spider Man)

So you're NOT a professional photographer?? wow... You seem to have all the accessories that one would need to do this for a living (backdrop, lighting, NICE CAMERAS!!!) Man, that's really cool :D I'm becoming EXTREMELY interested in photography, as I plan to start another bachelors in graphic/web design soon :D That's great that you're a power engineer. What does that entail? :confused:

Unlike sanitary engineer or domestic engineer, it is an actual certification. Not to bore everyone so I'll keep this brief. There are a variety of industrial applications but the majority of the fields basically involve the production of steam to provide the electricity to the world. A recent application has been to use steam injection to produce bitumen (oil) which is what I am currently involved with.:sleep

Unlike sanitary engineer or domestic engineer, it is an actual certification. Not to bore everyone so I'll keep this brief. There are a variety of industrial applications but the majority of the fields basically involve the production of steam to provide the electricity to the world. A recent application has been to use steam injection to produce bitumen (oil) which is what I am currently involved with.:sleep

Good God that was frigging boring. Please don't ever do that to me again! Especially with my wicked ADD!

That would be cool, they wouldn't even have to pay me, just let me keep the piece I'm shooting.

If anyone from SS reads this, I'm not kidding!:naughty

That would be great. I'm not sure about the product you are shooting since they are going to use the same product for Shows, but maybe send you a free statue.

I think that's pretty sweet! Sure beats a lot of other boring jobs! That's awesome man :D

Back