Could you make a silicone rubber mask for a 1/6 figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Station

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've been toying around with some ideas about making some custom stuff and I wanted to start with a red skull (see my other post to see how thats coming along) I came across a sight when looking for reference called CFX and it got me thinking. Could you make a silicone rubber mask for a 1/6 figure? It stands to reason that the process would be exactly the same as making a real one, just smaller. This way is would work almost like the body suits that come on some hot toys figures like Dutch or Batman where you wouldn't have seams around the neck, but you could still pose it. Im thinking smooth-on echoflex 20 or 30 (probably 30 as it would be more durable) the silicone is cheap enough that I might give it a go just to see if its possible.

Thanks! I can't be the only one thats thought of it though, which leads me to think there's some issue that i'm not thinking of. I'll give it a go though, i'll try red skull first and then I might go at a full body captain america suit for true types. That is of course if the red skull turns out awesome and I can sell a couple lol.

Back