Could the KOTD have defeated...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

Ha! Good point Gaz! And one that never entered my head! My only guess would be to appear menacing....

As if the dark robes wrapped around an invisible blackness wasn't intimidating enough...

L4P - you're so close, and I assume from your references only being from the movies that you haven't read the books?

Anyway - Tolkien makes this quite clear, in the books, after the Witchking is dead.

Basicaly, it is the sword from Barrowdowns that Merry took with him - Pippin & Sam also had swords from the Barrowdowns - that were made by the men of Westernese during their long battle with the Witchking of Angmar.

These swords had been created specifically to break the Witchking's spell and make him vulnerable to attack.

So basically, when Merry stabbed the ML in the leg with this blade, his spell was broken and became vulnerable to the attack from Eowyn.

Could the KotD have done as Eowyn? I see no reason why not, especially if he had a trusty hobbit (or anyother type of creature) stabbing the ML with such a blade.

Could the ML have killed the KotD? Nope, as the KotD is Dead.

8o

Am I missing something here? I thought the LOTD and Morgul Lord were both fictitious characters.

"no living man" How bout dead ones? KOTD hands down!!!

If that's true, than any ghost from the KoD 's army could have killed the Wiki, and that makes the mighty Wiki sounds a little pathetic.

The power of the army of the dead comes from fear. Theywere able to defeat the human Corsairs by fear, not the sword. The movie shows KOTD trying to strike Aragorn, but that never took place in the book.
The Witch King would have no fear of the dead, since that is essentially what he is.

I bet they would have sat down for a game of cards, a beer and a laugh.

Morgul Lord:"You should have seen the look on the old man's face when I 'sploded his staff!"

KOTD:"By the way, have you ever noticed that that little friend of his looks like the kid from the movie the sixth sense when he's scared?"

Thanks Gozum!!

I knew somebody would know the intricate details... I have actually read the books, but just once and I guess that didn't stick. I need to go back and re-read them. But I got the basics! :rock

HE WASNT THAT HEAVILY ARMOURED
AND HE WOULD KICK LOTD'S ASS
BIG TIME.
I KNOW HE WAS DONE IN BY A LASS, BUT WE ALL KNOW , WHAT WOULD HAVE REALLY HAPPENED ON THE PELENNOR.
(ml would have painted his mace shield maiden red).

Back