Corrose's Workshop - 1/6 Scale Custom Accessories - OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Full Color Hot Toys Base Decals - Check em out!

Not at home right now but is anyone able to post measurements of the detolf opening for one shelf space? Doesn't have to be exact, but Im in a position to be able to do a little work on a test backdrop. I'm guessing the cut piece would be approximately 15" x 15"?

Shelf is 15" wide but only 11" deep. A height of 15" would fit with some clearance on any but the topmost shelf, which has a height of exactly 15" so I'd stop at 14 and a half.

Decals have landed :rock They are bloody brilliant, great job. Will be back for more shortly :D

Not at home right now but is anyone able to post measurements of the detolf opening for one shelf space? Doesn't have to be exact, but Im in a position to be able to do a little work on a test backdrop. I'm guessing the cut piece would be approximately 15" x 15"?

Jungle background for Predator please

Going to try these 3 out as a test tonight for print quality.
Any interest in any of these anyone?

screenshot20120918at252.jpg

By corrose at 2012-09-18

By corrose at 2012-09-18

By corrose at 2012-09-18

If I can get the quality image Im looking for would you guys be more interested in a finished piece you can just drop into the detolf, or pay a less and do the mounting yourself?

There would be a few things I would try to see what works best, but my gut says it would be basically the decal on something like a chloroplast sheet or foamcore with glass suction cups mounted to the back, this way it's not just sitting on the shelf bottom, and you're not having to mess with glue or tape.

Opinions?

I think most folks would like to install themselves-depending on price I'd prefer a finished thing I could drop in. Suction cup idea is great. I'd be all kinds of down for a jungle, probably 2-though a nice urban environment (suburb/city) would also be totally B.A.

Also, PM sent :)

Last edited:
I'd suggest the detolf backdrop should be scored in 2 places to make a sort of tri-fold self standing affair that would slightly enclose each shelf.

Requests for art proofs -

Terminator 2 steel foundry
Ghostbusters top of the tower end sequence like the rear of the Matty boxes
POTC Black Pearl ship deck
Darth Star ROTJ Emperors view of Endor

:D

Ideally thats how it should be, the real problem that stands in the way is just not having files ressed up enough for a 3 panel display that would span around 30"-40". Ideally you want everything that goes to print to be 150-300 dpi, and 90% of google fodder is 72 dpi.

The chances of finding artwork to support say...the 89 Batman Batcave, in high res, being clean and crisp, and no people in the scene to have to clone out is basically...not going to happen.
I had to spend a few hours cleaning up the 89 bat logo, because even something as simple as the logo was too low quality for print.

Places like HT get styleguides and access to raw files from the studios, and can request custom art, but we just have to take what we can find & manipulate.

With the stark setting it was not even large enough to fill out the 15x15 size, so thats why I want to test the print, but it definitely won't go larger.

I think I can manage some awesome looking single panels, but as much as I'd love a tri-panel I don't think artwork available is going to support it.

In cases of things like jungle backdrops, where its not specific imagery from a movie, it's possible to find an image large enough on say...istock photo that would work, but the $40 Id have to spend on buying the image would get passed on to the buyer.

Any chance you will release this?

resident_evil_2_by_pun_ko_matt-d3a17kd.jpg

Did my backdrop tests on 2 of the 3 and as I suspected, the files came out more pixelated than I thought they would. I have another approach I am going to be trying on these, so they aren't dead yet, stay tuned!

Also it got buried a couple pages back but I have an Avengers base decal set available for each character. Email me if you would like to see pics.

Thanks

Holy-moly, I would definitely be down for a couple of the Matrix and jungle backdrops. I would also be game for some Star Wars themed backdrops, Alien hive/LV-426 Hadley's Hope, Alien Queen egg chamber, T2 foundry or other random Terminator or industrial backdrops and definitely miscellaneous urban environments. but I don't use Detolfs so my shelf display space is usually either 22" or 30" wide. Multiple different jungle scenes would be very useful for everything from Endor to Predator. To be honest, I would probably be interested in anything that would look good behind any of my HT or SSC figures. Something for the upcoming HT Bespin Luke would be really cool too.

hi.these are great.
just order a walking dead decals and name stand.aslo i have paypal you the money.cant wait to get this and order more from you.keep up the great work.shaun

The matrix backdrop looks great, i'd be interested!

that evil dead 2 one is awesome

Back