Cordelia Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just opened mine and she is just as bad as the pictures have shown her to be. The eyes are absolutely horrific and cannot be overlooked, no pun intended. Cordelia unfortunately ranks right up there with the Faith and Willow figuresd. The head is gigantic ( it actually looks bigger in person ) and the eyes....well I think you get the point. Back to sideshow she goes. No more crappy figures production jobs in my collection. Get your act together at the factory please sideshow, I don't know how you can accept and distribute product with such glaring flaws.

Sorry for the rant and I don't mean to bash sideshow, but after waiting this long for a Cordelia figure I am beyond disappointed. If this is what we can expect from future Buffy and Angel figures then just let the line die.

I also got mine today. Sadly, the big head and crazy eye really do detract. I did a quickie repaint over the factory application, but will probably redo it again. And it does nothing about the huge head. Anyway, here's a comparison pic, before, after.

comparison-flash.jpg

Here's one without flash.

painted-1.jpg

Cordelia's on a short body with boot feet (I'm estimating 5'5" considering the high heels on the boots?), but considering Charisma Carpenter is about 5'8", she's one of the few Buffy actresses the taller body would've looked better on. If I recall, GD Buffy is on the earlier female body (the current short ones came out with Scully/Vamp Willow I think).

Overall, this is one figure that could use some work. The episode-specific clothes look great, but don't fit/sit well, and I'm afraid swapping her with a taller body will make them look worse. The sculpting on the hair and hands is excellent--if only the head were in real scale.

I will still support the line, and I hope this doesn't turn off whatever momentum the Buffy/Angel line had with the new announcements.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why everybody is so shocked that she has a huge melon head. We've known that was the case from the first proto pics and I came to terms with it long ago.

That lazy eye is a heartbreaker though. One of the top high end collectible companies in the market should not still be making amateurish mistakes like this, and they only seem to be getting more frequent as of late. Ordering Sideshow product these days is starting feel more and more like a game of Russian roulette.

Great work there binky! :clap

Can you do about 4000 more? And who is in charge of QC @ SSC anyway because whoever is (brant?) has not been paying much attention to collector complaints for almost a year now.

I still think she's kind of cute though...

Definate improvement binky, nice work. You shouldn't have to paint these yourself though. sigh......

Yeah, binky's looks great, and that's what we should be getting.

I'm usually pretty forgiving when it comes to the decrease in quality from proto to production, but I do at least expect both eyes to be pointing in the same direction.

TheObsoleteMan said:
Yeah, binky's looks great, and that's what we should be getting.

I'm usually pretty forgiving when it comes to the decrease in quality from proto to production,

but I do at least expect both eyes to be pointing in the same direction.

much like your avatar... :lol

I might be in the minority but if I could repaint my eyes like Binky did I would be mostly satisfied with Cordelia. How should a noob repainter go about fixing those eyes? Binky's Cordy does give me hope that one could just repaint the eyes and leave the rest alone. I have no desire to repaint the whole head.

There is a part of me that wants to agree with what people such as Rage (excellent points, BTW) are saying. If we all sent our figures back, Sideshow would have to do something about these sub-par paint jobs. I never had to repaint any of my earlier Sideshow twelves and they were cheaper back then. However, as odd as it sounds, I still love this figure. The eyes are my main complaint.

On an off-the-wall related note have any of you ever heard that Space Ghost clip, "Big Head"? :)

Mr. Twos said:
On an off-the-wall related note have any of you ever heard that Space Ghost clip, "Big Head"? :)

Look at me I have a big head. My head is huge.....
Big fat head day...
shut up bug

LOL

good job there on the eye repaint.

I wish I collected this line, I'd love to get the chance to do a repaint on this, I bet theres a fabulous sculpt underneath it!

Darren

Rocktonix said:
Look at me I have a big head. My head is huge.....
Big fat head day...
shut up bug

LOL

YES! :rock2 I love that Space Ghost bit. It definitely fits in this thread.:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl Thanks for the chuckle.

Man, I can totally see that eye flaw from the pics. How did they let this go past their QC? >.<

It seems as if they wanted to shut the line once and for all... it's sad that this is happening at this point.

Btw, great re-paint, binky, I wish I could do something like that! You definitely improved her.

I got my Cordelia at my comics shop this week and I LOVE her. I will be getting at least one more. I see the eye thing, but it honestly does not bother me all that much. This is the Cordelia figure I have been waiting for since the old board was around(I used to post as Hoffsteele on the old board.)

Cordelia is the only Sideshow figure I will have both opened and MIB- all of my other ones are MIB right now, but this Cordy has made me VERY happy after a long wait for one.

Val

I also got my Cordy today and also absolutely love her. All the negative comments on this site had me worried but over on the Buffy Figs board those who have gotten her all seemed to love her. I see the eye thing as very, very minor and you have to get up close to really see it. I tested this with my husband and two daughters and didn't mention it at all to see what they thought of her. All three thought she looked great and then I told them to go closer and see if they could find anything wrong with her. That was when they noticed that one eye seemed a little off. I'd prefer this to how my City of Angel looked where his eye paint seemed almost non existant. I can't believe that some have compared this to Willow!

I did do the whole body switch with GD Buffy and here's a picture:

311512166_981bab4df1.jpg

I do think she should have come on the taller body but at least switching her with Buffy's body worked perfectly and now Buffy seems to be more in proportion! My photo does not show how great this figure looks in real life!

My Cordy's pants also seemed to be a bit too big and were falling off of her. I think they put the snap in the wrong place. I also had to have them lower on the taller body so they didn't look too short and then tape the back in place so they don't fall off (would have had to do that on the shorter body too - I'm too lazy to fix them)!

I was reticent about the body switching but after seeing your pic, FFanatic, I'm so gonna do it. They look great!

I find it amusing that the reaction to this figure is so totally different on the BTVS site. It is so positive that I can't wait to get mine.
I too will be doing a bit of body swapping, either with a spare Buffy or, if it works a very busty cy-girl. I'll post pics if it works!

Firefly Flanatic said:
I also got my Cordy today and also absolutely love her. All the negative comments on this site had me worried but over on the Buffy Figs board those who have gotten her all seemed to love her. I see the eye thing as very, very minor and you have to get up close to really see it. I tested this with my husband and two daughters and didn't mention it at all to see what they thought of her. All three thought she looked great and then I told them to go closer and see if they could find anything wrong with her. That was when they noticed that one eye seemed a little off. I'd prefer this to how my City of Angel looked where his eye paint seemed almost non existant. I can't believe that some have compared this to Willow!

I did do the whole body switch with GD Buffy and here's a picture:

311512166_981bab4df1.jpg

I do think she should have come on the taller body but at least switching her with Buffy's body worked perfectly and now Buffy seems to be more in proportion! My photo does not show how great this figure looks in real life!

My Cordy's pants also seemed to be a bit too big and were falling off of her. I think they put the snap in the wrong place. I also had to have them lower on the taller body so they didn't look too short and then tape the back in place so they don't fall off (would have had to do that on the shorter body too - I'm too lazy to fix them)!

Spot on. My Cordy's eye doesn't seem as bad - but I did end up with a fault in the material - so I need to take some photo's and send them off to SSC to get a pair of replacement pants for her. I plan to swap out the plastic katana blade with a metallic Mononofu blade - they are almost exactly the same length but metal.

I bought a light "drill" today that came with a stack of attachments for hobbyists - it was low enough power with a variable speed that I've started doing some of the 12" projects - first off the rank today was the katana swap for the Highlanders (as I had spare katana's in case I stuffed it up) - and it worked great. I'll do Cordy once I confirm I don't have to actually send it back to get the pants replaced.

I'm planning on getting Cordy but I need to track down a Buffy first. I just can't bring myself to pick up the ubiquitous Prophecy Girl (I hate rooted hair.).

Back