Console Failure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many times has your console crashed on you?

• Total voters
Havn't had any problems with my xbox360 but don't play that much and don't have it on for very long periods and don't use it for dvds and try to keep it free from dust.
Keep it in the box and never use it, is the best way to keep it in perfect condition.
I mean if your going through multiple consoles either your leaving it on for days, or you need to stick it on a fan base or something to cool it.

my ps3 has been having problems reading dual layerd disk... sometimes when it freezes up it doesnt detrect the storage device but upon restarting it becomes ok... i tried restoring to default factory settings but it keeps on freezing at 83 percent.. now im not sure if its a hdd provlem or something else

I've had four different gaming devices fail in different ways:

* PS3 "fat" disc-drive stopped reading blu-ray discs (but read DVDs fine) after about two weeks.

* Launch 360 got the RRoD after nine months.

* PSP (2000) UMD drive died five minutes out of the box (no joke).

* GameCube randomly displayed disc read error messages during gameplay after a month or so of use.

All were replaced just fine.

My 360 crashed a few years ago so i sent it in and they sent back 2 systems :hi5:

Wow i just changed my hdd and its finally working again.. looks like it was just an defective hdd..

only one console has ever died on me, my first Playstation (first one). The lens broke so I bought a PS2. Not any of my consoles died. Our first Xbox 360 half broke down (worked sometimes and sometimes it stopped) just before it's warranty ended so we send it in to get it fixed.

Considering that we have about 21 different consoles (some multiple times/versions), I'd count that as a blessing :p

My PS2 started crapping out back in the day, but then I found a tutorial how to dismantle it and clean the laser lens because it stopped reading discs. My PS3 is getting dropped off today at the repair shop, I should get it back tomorrow.

It's amazing how much crap gets sucked into the fans of these things.

The first console that I ever had problems with (not really a total fail since it still played games) was the Wii. Just a few weeks after buying it, the fan started to get real loud. I called Nintendo and got it replaced no problem.

About a year after that, my PS3 fat stopped connecting to controllers via Bluetooth. I sent the machine back for repairs, and they sent it back to me marked as repaired but Bluetooth still did not function. I sent it a second time and the machine they sent back (not sure if it was a repair or exchange) worked for a few months until the Blu-Ray drive died. Got that repaired and after a few more weeks, the Bluetooth module died again. After that, I said screw it and bought slim.

My 360 sounds like a jet engine, but I'm told that's normal. Never had any problems with it, but I barely use the thing.

Prior to this generation, I had no problems with any console.

Here's a tip I've been doing for 20 years: Always wash the discs if there are dust or grime. That would put less strain on the lens and keep the lens from taking in more dust.

My launch 360 RROD on me about a year ago and my first gen PS3 crapped out about 6 months ago. So I've been lucky enough to not have to go through several like a lot of folks have.

when it breaks i fix it, whatever the thing, and anyone elses things. im a doer, i go extremely hard....................until the cops show up, then its false charges.

My ps3 went out about three yrs after a I bought it (used it everyday)
Was the disc reader that went. My Xbox lasted 4yrs but I used it like 20 times maximum ( Xbox blows)

Back