Conquest Caesar at SDCC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well this whole thread is a bit of a downer as i love the line and the apes movies, however the good news for me is that i didn't realize the limited zaius was still avalible! So one is on the way now :banana

I am glad that I now know the truth. I was steering clear of Brent, due to the obvious. Now I want to get him. I know that may come across as dumb, I have no problem with my own fickleness. When I get him is, now, my only problem.

:wilkommen Rentu.

Its not fickle at all Creecher.
I would think a lot of others may have preordered or ordered one had they known an exclusive that actually looked like Franciscus was not going to be possible. Honesty up front counts for a lot and makes everything easier and smoother all the way down the line.
And for any of you that bought Brent or Taylor and might be unhappy with their ANSA suits, email me :D
I need 6-7 more of them.

i didn't realize the limited zaius was still avalible! So one is on the way now

I'm glad I was able drum up some business for ole Dr. Zaius! :banana :banana :banana

The exculsive version of Zaius is one of my favorites since it was the first Sideshow Ape I got AND it's the figure is from my favorite scene in the whole film series... the scene from "the Cave" in the first film. I have my exclusive Zaius holding the human doll fom the Cornelius figure.

and to get back to the header subject...Anyone have pix of the new Caesar sculpt??

It's funny... with all the attention Sideshow got for their new Star Wars products, their 1:1 busts and their exclusives table there was no more "love" left (and no more film left apparently) for the Conquest Caesar.

LONG LIVE THE KING!!!

I think I was the ONLY one hovering around the Apes Display! It probably won't be there next year.

I think I was the ONLY one hovering around the Apes Display! It probably won't be there next year.

Maybe we'll get fortunate and the display will be at someone else's area.

It is possible that SS is halting this line to put more resources toward the Star Wars 12 inch line. Any thoughts?

It is possible that SS is halting this line to put more resources toward the Star Wars 12 inch line.
As we know, anything is possible, but it's also possible that Zira, Cornelius and Zaius didn't sell through their extremely modest edition sizes and SSC didn't want to throw good money after bad.

Some licenses make sense and others don't. As passionate as we are about our favorite movies or TV shows there may not be enough other fans out there that are also into these types of items to support the lines.

Did Caesar look like this?

7512_image02.jpg

A perfect example of how figures appearances vary by angle. He doesn't look all that accurate in the above picture but, to me, this looks very much like Caesar from the end of the movie where he delivers his speech:

75121_image03.jpg

Not liking it ...

I'm not impressed with this sculpt. Here is a photo of Roddy in the Ceasar makeup:

Ceasar.jpg

There was a 1:6 scale resin kit called "Long Live the King" of Ceasar with a much btter likeness by Jim Phillips. I'll pop a shot of it and post it soon.

Andy

Re: Not liking it ...

Hmmmm, its been a while since I've seen that kit, but memory doesn't have it better than Sideshow's. I look forward to seeing a pic of it again.

Here's a comparison shot ....

showing Sideshow's, the actual subject, and Jim Phillip's sculpt.

comparison.jpg

I added a scan of a magazine with a completed kit.
magazine.jpg

I apologize for the bad photo of the resin kit head, it was real quick on a cheap camera. Both sculpts have good and bad points about them but I still like it Jim's better than SS's. Just my opinion though.

Andy

Re: Here's a comparison shot ....

Thanks for the comparison photos WestBatman. other then the hair line on Sideshow's being too height on the forehead, the sculpt is pretty close. also, the paint ops are wrong on the Sideshow version, but that could be due to Sideshow looking at untinted photographs of the Caesar makeup.

I think if Sideshow's were painted like the model version it would be almost perfect.

I think the new sculpt looks great. I agree though that the hairline is a little off.

Back