Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adam Driver really surprised me actually - although I haven't seen him in anything else to be honest, but I dug his performance.

I still think the name they gave him is goofy, it sounds like a frigging Pixar character's name. :lol

He did good though, but he looks too much like a bizarro Keanu Reeves to pass as Ford & Fisher's son.

I may need Ren too. I'll wait for a version without the mask though, so I can recreate their duel.

I have a feeling ep8 is where we will get the portrait. So it may be a long wait. In the meantime I watched the video of the guy who reviews with cotton gloves and that really sold me on this figure.

Proper Kaleesh Grievous? *lean* TELL ME MORE.

(I can remember the name of General Grievous' species but not algebra I am OK with this.)

I have a feeling ep8 is where we will get the portrait. So it may be a long wait.
The only issue with that (well, other than the interminable wait, of course) is that by the time Episode 8 product begins to roll out, we'd likely only see an unmasked Kylo with a scarred face. And I was hoping we'd see the release of a 'clean' Adam Driver head sculpt first.

----------

Hey, you know what would be nice?

If Hot Toys, Sideshow, etc. decided to offer a line of 'sold separately' accessories for already released figures like this new 1/6 Kylo, as future updates to the character warranted.

You know what I mean? Like with this figure: Disney/Lucasfilm (apparently) wouldn't sign-off on an unmasked likeness because this figure was unveiled prior to the release of the film, yes? [Which makes no damned sense considering that after the VF photos were published, everyone already knew exactly what an unmasked Kylo looked like, months before the film hit theaters. But I digress.]

Anyway, they don't wish to allow for an 'early' look at Driver's face as Kylo? Well, instead of asking folks to buy a whole new figure (whenever they see fit to getting around to making another one -- which, as we say, may not be for quite some time); instead of that, why not offer to sell just an unmasked head as a standalone product, available for purchase? A head which is tailored to fit snugly on this current 1/6 Kylo Ren release and which sells for, oh, fifty or sixty USD? Maybe $75.00? Whatever is reasonable for a new head sculpt?

I know, I know...

But wouldn't it be nice?

I have a feeling ep8 is where we will get the portrait. So it may be a long wait. In the meantime I watched the video of the guy who reviews with cotton gloves and that really sold me on this figure.

That's a good possibility, but I'd like an...

Spoiler Spoiler:

So I'm hoping we may get a v2 from EpVII. If not I may go back and just buy the pre-existing Ren, but I'd like him to come with a bit more.

So long as the
Spoiler Spoiler:
is usable on v.1 that's ok with me. :lol

at this point do we need to keep spoiler tagging this stuff?

Has anyone got info on the Sideshow Darth Vader re-release planed for (UK) May release? don't seem to be able to find it mentioned anywhere except as a pre-order at Ordersixtysix.co.uk.

Both hinted at when Hot Toys started ANH previews but no news since then. Nothing new on the Star Wars front from HT since Finn preview (or was it Battlefront stormtrooper?).

I just heard that because of popular demand that Obi-Wan Kenobi, Han Solo and Chewbacca will be restocked at certain European retailers to prevent collectors purchasing the collectibles for Ebay-prices/scalping prices.

You can thank me later ;)

edit: It seems that member Tee-Kay also mentioned it earlier today at some other topics.

Didn't know EU/UK retailers were offering new PO on those. For my part, it's just a matter of having my retailer finally stocking my Han/Chewy two pack POed in april 2015 :impatient:

Both hinted at when Hot Toys started ANH previews but no news since then. Nothing new on the Star Wars front from HT since Finn preview (or was it Battlefront stormtrooper?).

Battlefront Stromtrooper I believe, well I hope we hear something soon a because ROTJ Luke & Emperor Palpatine would be a nice add to my every growing collection.

Nah, don't hold your breath. But SS did Asajj time ago. There is no Dooku either for example.

For it's time, it was an outstanding figure even though it's a shame they offered her realistic portrait as an exclusive.

Back