conan quits

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Conan was actually beating Letterman's ratings when he was on Late night and he was beating him on the Tonight Show up until Jay's ratings dropped. Letterman's scandal didn't help either. I think Conan would do great if his lead in didn't suck horribly. It takes a bit to build an audience. They should have at least given him the benefit of a year without Leno in front of him before they pulled the plug.

Teh hell wit yoo, NBC!

conanfuncomcfo.jpg

Leno is the one who should be bowing out gracefully. He retired, he left the show. He should be embarassed to be forcing Conan's hand like this and shouldn't have even considered NBC's offer to get his old time slot back for a second.

Actually NBC forced him out of The Tonight Show because they were afraid to lose Conan. Leno's choice would have been to continue doing it.

The problem is that Conan was not bringing in the ratings when he took over 'The Tonight Show', whereas Leno was pretty consistent and was beating Letterman a lot of the time. Once Conan took over, Letterman was back on top of the ratings and I'm sure NBC wasn't liking that. They put Leno in the 10PM slot (which was planned prior to his stepping down from 'The Tonight Show' of course) and I think they were hoping that would garner bigger viewers for local news broadcasts and essentially for Conan but as we all see that failed...horribly.

I think in the end Conan was better suited to follow 'The Tonight Show'. He had his niche (so to speak) and just wasn't ever going to go over well with the Tonight show demographic it seems, which is a pity as I think Conan is so very funny.

If he goes to FOX thought I doubt his stint there will last long because he'll just be consistently beat by Letterman and Leno (if Leno stays that is) and FOX is not one to let shows just stay on the air. They are a cancel happy network.

The idea that a 5 night a week talk show would work in primetime was such an incredibly stupid idea it's hard to blame Leno for it's failure. And it was a self-perpetuating circle - the 10 PM slot had poor ratings which led to poor ratings for the affiliates newscasts and for Conan. I don't blame the affiliates for forcing NBC's hand - they could have done better with reruns of SVU at 10 PM.

Maybe NBC should try some good original progamming instead of lame reality shows and a thousand varieties of Law and Order. :monkey4

Conan was actually beating Letterman's ratings when he was on Late night and he was beating him on the Tonight Show up until Jay's ratings dropped. Letterman's scandal didn't help either. I think Conan would do great if his lead in didn't suck horribly. It takes a bit to build an audience. They should have at least given him the benefit of a year without Leno in front of him before they pulled the plug.

The ratings. Conan's ratings weren't as good as dave's recently. If he was dominating the late night scene NBC wouldn't have Leno back at 11:35 pm. They only put Andy back on the couch with the guests as a desperation attempt.

yeah, dave's sex scandal actually helped his ratings. i too was never a fan of leno. dave and conan have more class and are simply better comedians. leno just has big chin.

NBC is a dying network. i'd say just jump to fox. too bad i'm overseas, and while we have conan aired on weekends on cnbc here, i doubt we'll get his show if he's on fox.

Adult Swim made Conan an offer tonite via their little word commercials, it involved lots of money and control, and a free XL adult swim hoodie. :lol

Back