conan fury of the beast repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perfect. I will be doing the same thing in March. The Blood is a must great work.

The White ape of mine will have snow on the base too, along with much of what you have done here. I really like the look of Conan, well done man!!

BTW, you PM'd me. Whats up? Try again.

Perfect. I will be doing the same thing in March. The Blood is a must great work.

The White ape of mine will have snow on the base too, along with much of what you have done here. I really like the look of Conan, well done man!!

BTW, you PM'd me. Whats up? Try again.

The snow should be interesting and might be a little challenging Ave! the base has a warm tropical jungle vibe about it...yet I do like the idea of a white ape in a snowy environment...please keep us posted.

PM re-sent about ARH Conan sacrifice standalone.

warhead, what are you doing to me! You know from past commissions that I like the blood! Now you have to give me a seminar on how to paint mine since there is no way I can ship this to someone for a paint up! Unless someone in NY does house calls for a touch up! :lol Awesome work my friend it looks killah!

That looks incredible... any chance you have some before pics; I'm not familiar with how the final product turned out.

Emailed replied, can do if you order direct from ARH. Will make one for you special.
I suggest you dont delay, as the list is closing soon

Hook me up Averone! your PM is full...also can't get on your website to order/problems with getting a password.

update: got in and put the down as a guest on the ordering side at your website, even though I am a member at ARH forum.

Outstanding work!! Besides the pics, do you mind giving a run down on what you touched up?

Did a ton of repainting and touchups on this killer Conan dio.

Repainted the whole mouth to a more liver like color and tartered and yellowed up the teeth... also put in more of a fleshy color around the mouth/lip area to blend the face into the mouth without being stark...also lined the membrane area of the eye with transparent red.

Went back into the cuts with flesh colors than went back in with blood to give it a more realistic look.

Redid the eyes ears and teeth and added ear rings to Conan.

Weathered and added war blood to the weapons.

Painted the scars and did some light veinwork...also added some war blood here and there.

Did lots of highlights on the gorilla fur with various browns and greys then washed with black and dark blue, definitely made the fur pop nicely.
dry brushed the black gorilla flesh with darkgrey then washed with a dark blue wash, and did the gorilla nails with a lighter grey than went in with some dark browns to dirty up the nails, weathered and some minor bloodwork on the boots.

Went in and weathered the bones and did a lot of drybrushing and washes all around the base and tightened up the painting on the vines and log also bloodied the broken axe.

Yeah, it looks like Sideshow had a solid start (especially for them) but you really added a lot of polish to the piece. Nicely done :rock

That looks incredible... any chance you have some before pics; I'm not familiar with how the final product turned out.

Howzit galactiboy! I forgot to take before pictures...was a decent prepaint job...there is a lot of pictures in the Conan/dio thread...if you got some pictures you wanna post to contrast what I did feel free to post.

Beautiful work, rwh. Just saw the stock in my LCS and have to say it's very impressive in person (was a lot bigger than I was expecting from the pics I'd seen, as well).

Thanks again guys...can't say enough about this statue, just freakin kills from every angle.

Very impressive ! I wish SS had produced it like that (too gore for the general public I guess). You are a great artist. Congrats !

Back