Complete Making Of Hottoys She Predator--Machiko

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly don't understand the fuss some people are making over the heels, but whatever.

I've preordered, and think it looks spectacular.

It's more the fact that they are fantasy-unrealistic-warrior-woman stereotypes, heavily at odds with the comic character whose attire is extremely practical; full body armour when fighting aliens, tank top and shorts when brawling, flight suit with Predator armour otherwise.

DH Machiko was solid. HT Machiko is stereotypical. If I did buy the figure, I'd have to find some way to hide or remove those flaming heels...

For those familiar with the character, it's rather akin to doing Ripley or Vasquez in high heels.

Then I have to thank Hot Toys for not succumbing to the pressure to not invoke stereotypes. The point of this piece (and the entire line) is not to represent the character, but to represent a particular esthetic in 1:6 model kit form.

This is first and foremost a Hot Angels figure, not a Predator figure. I can't wait to see what else they have in store, because this one is beautiful.

I love her as is and pre-ordered her along with the Lost Predator. My other Preds are drooling! Though I would've liked to have seen her in more typical armor, I think she's still great!

IMG_9250.jpg

Then I have to thank Hot Toys for not succumbing to the pressure to not invoke stereotypes. The point of this piece (and the entire line) is not to represent the character, but to represent a particular esthetic in 1:6 model kit form.

This is first and foremost a Hot Angels figure, not a Predator figure. I can't wait to see what else they have in store, because this one is beautiful.

Don't get me wrong - it's technically a great figure and I do understand that it's not meant to be canonical (unlike the rest of HT's Alien and Predator figures). The head sculpt looks an order of magnitude better than most 1/6 females, and I'm seriously tempted to base a Predator kitbash around the accessories. I'm also very pleased that HT are willing to look to the comics for ideas, because there are some great ones out there.

What I'm trying to articulate is why a number of fans like myself are lukewarm over the figure. It's not the character it's named for - I guess we'd have been much quieter had the figure simply been named 'She-Predator' rather than being a known character.

1. A she Predator is a either A. A female Predator, B. A female who is part of the Predator communtity.

2. Sh looks like Jolie because Jolie is hot.:duh:monkey3

Does anyone know what kind of sculpey Joseph is using?

Back