Compatibility info for different head/body types on 1/6 scale figs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrohead

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Can anyone point me to some good posts or guides on external websites about which body types are compatible with which kinds of heads/neck joints for 1/6 scale? I made my first kitbash figure recently and although the head fit a standard ball top neck peg the head was a bit wobbly, it wasn't an ideal fit. Want to try and avoid this happening in the future if possible. I couldn't find a proper guide online and so I just bought a cheap £15 body on ebay to go with an accessory kit I bought (Didn't want to spend too much money on a 1st kitbash since I have next to no knowledge).
Any suggestions on where to find out about this stuff?

kit bashing is exactly what it is....you can make any head fit any body with modifications, and as for compatability, it depends on what you buy, necked heads, neckless heads, necked bodies, neckless bodies, etc etc......

Not too confident with cutting, drilling etc(Suppose the only way I'll learn is by doing) so was just wondering on the off-chance that there was any basic guides for newbies but yeah as you say georgie the best way to find out is to get your hands dirty and get in there and have a go.

I think I made a wise choice in buying a cheap-*** body for my first attempt in case I ended up with a lot of incompatible parts and a lot of work on my hands, as it turned out though everything did fit fine, like i say the head was a bit wobbly but hey....you live and learn.

Going to look for some nicely sculpted heads for some new projects and I'll let you know how it's going once I start to have a crack at assembling them.

I thought it was probably a neck adaptor/plug of some kind. Incidentally the seller you linked to was the exact same one I bought my 1st 1/6 scale body from!. Thanks for the info. Might pick up another of these bodies soon.

Last edited:
Back