Commando -vest version wip

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is outstanding, best I seen of commando...
I just started my Arnold collection myself!
Was at Arnolds hair lighter in that movie or was it predator?
Great job!

Thanks. Much appreciated.:)

Arnolds hair was darker in Commando, though in Preadator it was lighter. :)

Great job! I made one myself but it needs finishing. I used the same vest as you too.

Outstanding Commando custom T-800! That's another "dream" figure of mine from one of my favorite Arnold movies! I already have the vest like you do, and the quad missle launcher. Thanks for your recipe on how you made it. I hope to make my own someday soon. It looks like you used the HT Terminator 2 T-800 head sculpt. Did you also use the T2 T-800 rubber muscle body for it? Board member eleman meremis (spelling?) has also made a great Commando custom figure too. He has a thread for it here. I'll try to get the link to it.

Yeah, Arnold's hair in Predator had a reddish tint to it, and was lighter than it was in Commando and Terminator 2.

Last edited:
3 Options found - which one should I go for as a base?

KGrHqVk0E2ESQc8HBNpSgcCg0_1.jpg
KGrHqVjME1JeBvEI1BNhwIsB3oQ0_1.jpg
5e99_2.jpg

Outstanding Commando custom T-800! That's another "dream" figure of mine from one of my favorite Arnold movies! I already have the vest like you do, and the quad missle launcher. Thanks for your recipe on how you made it. I hope to make my own someday soon. It looks like you used the HT Terminator 2 T-800 head sculpt. Did you also use the T2 T-800 rubber muscle body for it? Board member eleman meremis (spelling?) has also made a great Commando custom figure too. He has a thread for it here. I'll try to get the link to it.

Yeah, Arnold's hair in Predator had a reddish tint to it, and was lighter than it was in Commando and Terminator 2.

I used the the T-800 (t2) body. I also made another Commando (battle damage) with the arnie predator body. see picture below.

new026.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! That's the same thing I want to do! One of each. I'll take on the fully loaded John Matrix first with all of the gear. Thanks for the picture!

Ahhhhhhhhhnuld!!! Damn man that came ot awesome , i've been wanting to make a John Matrix for the longest time , :clap :wave

Which Claymore bags did you use? Also, how did you do the "D" rings on th vest and which small pouch did you use on the upper left of the vest?

Here is the vest I made for my commando, just missing the pistol pouches at the bottom right (your left)

10mifye.jpg

213rms1.jpg

This sounds a bit big headed but if you'd like help, i'd be pleased to help out.

I started Matrix ages ago, need to finish it!

What vest did you use for that, were the 'D' rings already on it?

Awesome work. Just bought a, vest on evil bay for this, going to use a Dutch body. Also found alienkiller knife, which is the same as the Rambo, Dutch knife

It was a hot toys SWAT vest. The rings weren't already on it, neither were the knife, grenades, shells or pouches!

Which Claymore bags did you use? Also, how did you do the "D" rings on th vest and which small pouch did you use on the upper left of the vest?

For the claymore bags i used the relic hunter ones. I still need to fix these to be movie accurate (pretty lazy). They need new straps and the buttons removed. The pouch was a from a random 21st century figure repainted. The d-rings were from an aviator vest. I cut the straps threaded and folded them over the D rings. I then cut the strap with just enough strap to glue on the vest.

Back