Premium Format Commander Cody

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$319, 329, 349, 359, now 379?????
Every PF that's coming out has a higher price - Why?

Voting with my wallet, you can keep this one Sideshow.

Can't resist this one, ordered, Rex Cody all I need is gree and I'm good for the clones. this should of been rex in this pose and ex and Cody in a pose that gave an interchangeable hand holding the hologram of the emperor as his ex

This was an insant PO for me, til I saw that price. To me it's kinda a slap in the face. It's a great PFF, but what warrants such a price increase on him? Standard base, no electronics... But he's worth more?

As far as Rex not getting a switch out (pase 2) helmet as well. I can see why they didn't do that... His entire armor was different in his phase 2. Here's to hoping they eventually make a phase 2 Rex... By then it's price will be $490 for the exact same product, but with lower quality control ;p

Ordered here but damn another increase.. I wonder if licensing fees went up.
The quality of the starwars pf have been awesome so far so the price incrase is okay for me.

I ordered but I'm not liking the increased prices at all..Darth Malgus was solid and has lights all over PLUS is taller for this price. Cody better have gold flecks mixed in the paint..

Does anyone from sideshow post in this form? It would be great If they had a "spokesman" to come on these forms and address issues like the price increase, QC and other concerns that collectors have. You would think this would be advantageous for them to have better communication with their major source of sales. Would do wonders for their PR and their reputation.

Does anyone from sideshow post in this form? It would be great If they had a "spokesman" to come on these forms and address issues like the price increase, QC and other concerns that collectors have. You would think this would be advantageous for them to have better communication with their major source of sales. Would do wonders for their PR and their reputation.

Actually, they are represented on these boards. From time to time they do answer some of the questions posted in the section: 'Ask Sideshow Collectibles'.

Do keep in mind that they do not do customer support here.

Also, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for a response from them concerning the things you mention.

Price increase is simple, though. Workers in China are being paid more and more and that leads to price increase. Obviously, there are also other parties involved later in the production and distribution process that require larger payments. That's the situation right now.

Quality control is a difficult topic for a company to address. Doing so could be interpreted as an admission and that would probably hurt their image even more than what the occasional QC case can.

they charge what the market can bear. And the sweet spot has not been reached yet in my opinion.

look for more incremental price increases in the months to come.

they charge what the market can bear. And the sweet spot has not been reached yet in my opinion.

look for more incremental price increases in the months to come.

Well they are certainly hitting my sweat spot...or my wife's :rotfl

They need to start some sort of rewards program for the spouses if they expect this to continue.

Ordered!! The price increase does not bother me quite yet as long as the quality increases as well. And based on Shaak Ti and Malgus the quality is
definitely increasing with the PF line.

Prices wouldn't be so high if morons pre-ordered stuff and didn't waaaaay over pay on retail months after it ships. Sideshow knows what their stuff is selling for, and are taking the margin of what their stuff sells for later for themselves. They will get burned when they release duds, but the rest is gravy.

Back