Commander Cody Holographic Sidious StatueQuestion?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viperforce

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I know that I can not be the only person on the planet to notice this but after calling Sideshow and being run around for a week with trying to get an answer I have just resolved myself to the fact that it is what it is, and here is the story:
Commander Cody was the first Sideshow piece that I collected, primarily because I love the importance of the character as he is the turning point between the Jedi and the Sith. I collected SS mostly because of the detail and accuracy. Having collected many Hasbro 3.75" figures I wanted the very best in detail and accuracy so I invested in SS. I bought the Commander Cody figure and when I look at the figure compared to the picture on the box as well as the website and production pics something is radically different. The small Darth Sidious figure is made with an extra step on the bottom which then makes it sit higher then the p[icture or for all practical purposes the accuracy on the film. It looks to me like there was some type of change from the early production piece and the finla production piece and this really bothers me. I want to display Cody the way it is suppose to be displayed with Darth Sidious sitting FLAT in the hand on the Holo Emitter being held by Commander Cody but this is impossible the way it is made. I called SS and talked to customer service and got no where then asked for someone higher up and they put me on with Linda Carter (same name but not the wonder woman by any stretch) and we went round and round for a week only to come to a conclusion that there was no real answer!
My intention was to purchase a second holographic Sidious piece and correct it. I am a professional modeler so reshaping the bottom and making the figure sit correctly would be a snap but she told me at first she would think about getting me another to fix and then decided to scrap the whole idea and if I did not like the way it was too bad! I was not asking for a FREE piece but only to purchase a second piece as reshaping my original would change the way that I received it and alter the value of the piece.
Please help me with the answer as to why the Holographic Sidious was made different and not screen accurate. By the way even though my dealing with Linda Carter was not pleasant and got me nowhere I still collect Sideshow pieces and have since then purchased seven more figures, all of which are accurate to the production pictures. I appreciate your time in helping me resolve this issue.

I joined this forum as I am a collector and want to learn more about the hobby of collecting higher end pieces. When you plunk down a good amount of money for a piece and somethings is not right especially a significant one then it raises a question and I was looking for an answer. Did I not ask this question in the right place? Was this question not appropriate to ask? No matter how you cut it I love the quality of Sideshow and have bought many after the first one which was Commander Cody. Joining a forum to rant was never my intention learning about a hobby that I have invested in and will continue to invest in is my main focus.

I joined this forum as I am a collector and want to learn more about the hobby of collecting higher end pieces. When you plunk down a good amount of money for a piece and somethings is not right especially a significant one then it raises a question and I was looking for an answer. Did I not ask this question in the right place? Was this question not appropriate to ask? No matter how you cut it I love the quality of Sideshow and have bought many after the first one which was Commander Cody. Joining a forum to rant was never my intention learning about a hobby that I have invested in and will continue to invest in is my main focus.

Color me surprised that someone who says they're into collecting Sideshow pieces would join a Sideshow-based forum and use their first post to rant about Sideshow. :huh

I am collecting Sideshow pieces and I joined this forum to look to you "the Professionals" in this hobby for answers to questions! Is that sooo bad? Instead of criticizing help me out with an answer. Color me surprised that someone who has 43,556 posts in a forum would not help me out instead of cutting into me. I wonder just how many post were positive or for that matter helpful to someone!

Last edited:
I am collecting Sideshow pieces and I joined this forum to look to you "the Professionals" in this hobby for answers to questions! Is that sooo bad? Instead of criticizing help me out with an answer. Color me surprised that someone who has 43,556 posts in a forum would not help me out instead of cutting into me. I wonder just how many post were positive or for that matter helpful to someone!

Buttmunch adequately answered your question. Yet, 3 for 3 posts are still on about this instead of exploring the endless potential of information that is SSF and completely at your disposal. :lol

Sideshow does not sell parts to their figures. If there's a flaw with a part, they will usually exchange either the part or the whole figure for you, but if your complaint is with how the part was made, they won't. That may have been why whoever you talked to thought she might be able to help at first. If the piece was broken, then you would probably have been in luck.

Why the accessory changed from prototype to production is not an answer that you will find here, or through Sideshow customer service.

The only way you could get another one would be through someone willing to part with theirs. That's not too likely. However, since you are a modeler, I think you might be better off making a mold of the piece, recasting it, and then fixing what it is you don't like about it.

Thank you for the reply, I have considered making another one from the part but it is rather costly for such a small piece being that I would need the RTV rubber, the clear resin, and then tint it to the right color blue. Making clear pieces also is tough as without the proper equipment as bubbles form inside the piece and ruins the effect. I did find someone from Hong Kong on eBay selling just the hand and holographic Sidious figure for about $34 and I will probably purchase that piece then reshape the bottom so that it fits properly. In the long run it will be less expensive and much less time consuming.
I appreciate your reply if anything I really wanted to see if anyone on the forum felt the way I did about this piece. Sideshow and Hot Toys make the finest collectibles out there and it just surprised me when this piece changed from proto to production. All the pictures that Sideshow offered and even when the figure was displayed at SDCC I believe last year, show the piece made differently but anyone who owns one or that I have seen in person show the piece made the way I have it.
Again thanks for offering a suggestion as to why, I look forward to learning more about this hobby here and taking in all the info everyone has to offer!

I have Cody why its was broken (the part you posted about) I have no issue sigh the replacement. Take the replacement part.

No matter what anything cost. If your to picky your **** out of luck. This is 2012..

His hologram wasn't broken. He just didn't like how it turned out in production.

I looked at it yesterday and it is pretty strange how it's elevated off the projector. I wonder if the footprint didn't fit his hand.

His hologram wasn't broken. He just didn't like how it turned out in production.

I looked at it yesterday and it is pretty strange how it's elevated off the projector. I wonder if the footprint didn't fit his hand.

Did I miss the pictures?

Oh.

There was nothing out of the ordinary about his hologram. They're all raised, but he was upset that it wasn't the same as the prototype, which I guess was not raised (I didn't check the box to confirm).

The piece that I have with my Commander Cody is the same as everyone else's however the whole point in posting this thread was to ask Sideshow or anyone else why the piece was simply made wrong. Cody holds a Holographic Emitter in the palm of his hand, he receives a transmission from Sidious in the film the bottom of the transmission is flat there is no step as this is a holographic display not a statue. the representation that Sideshow has done in the production piece turns a holographic transmission into a statue in the palm of his hand. I really would have just accepted this as being "made that way" however all the Gallery pics on Sideshows site and on the box itself, show it being made flat with a small peg to attach it to the hand and to prove the point even further the full size Commander Cody figure that Sideshow make features the Holographic transmission that sits flat in the hand. To me it is just a let down that the figure has so much incredible detail and the key to the whole meaning of the Commander Cody figure is ruined by an incorrect piece. Hasbro made the 3.75" Commander Cody and in that tiny scale they make a holographic emitter that features a clear blue Sidious transmission that sits flat on the emitter and that figure was $10.
Please do not get me wrong I absolutely love the work Sideshow is doing this is why I purchased 8 more figures after I bought Cody and I have two more on order. I just wish there was a way to obtain another Sidous figure and make it the way it should be.
Thanks to everyone here who participated in this thread.

The piece that I have with my Commander Cody is the same as everyone else's however the whole point in posting this thread was to ask Sideshow or anyone else why the piece was simply made wrong. Cody holds a Holographic Emitter in the palm of his hand, he receives a transmission from Sidious in the film the bottom of the transmission is flat there is no step as this is a holographic display not a statue. the representation that Sideshow has done in the production piece turns a holographic transmission into a statue in the palm of his hand. I really would have just accepted this as being "made that way" however all the Gallery pics on Sideshows site and on the box itself, show it being made flat with a small peg to attach it to the hand and to prove the point even further the full size Commander Cody figure that Sideshow make features the Holographic transmission that sits flat in the hand. To me it is just a let down that the figure has so much incredible detail and the key to the whole meaning of the Commander Cody figure is ruined by an incorrect piece. Hasbro made the 3.75" Commander Cody and in that tiny scale they make a holographic emitter that features a clear blue Sidious transmission that sits flat on the emitter and that figure was $10.
Please do not get me wrong I absolutely love the work Sideshow is doing this is why I purchased 8 more figures after I bought Cody and I have two more on order. I just wish there was a way to obtain another Sidous figure and make it the way it should be.
Thanks to everyone here who participated in this thread.

Still sounds like your nick picking. I now understand what your talking about but not matter what even what it is. It would not be flat as your thinking or on the box. It will be raised up some.

I had my 1st one broken and SSC replaced it. I did take the peg and cut it down and glue it on the hand. Making it flat. I put it on Gree hand. You could do that if you wish. Check ebay someone may have one forsale, if not cut it down. If you don't plan on selling it.

Me I am happy with it the way it is. I see no issue.

Back