Comicave studios and play imaginative

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what they said. What they failed to say is that it's the same people. They just changed the name of the company that had been doing it before (comicave was operated by the same people that did the other PI items in the past. PI and cmc are owned by the same person/company)

PI was always just the design and engineering side. They always outsourced the production of the figures. Now the same people are doing it under a new name, after being bought by the same company that owns PI.

Last edited:
A shame they didn't continue the New 52 line.
With Hot Toys pumping out Iron Man armours left, right, and center, I don't believe we need another company doing the same thing. I'm not the biggest fan of the New 52 look, but the Super Alloy Batman, and Super Alloy Superman look pretty cool on the shelf. The diecast and paint really makes them pop under the lights, and they look expensive. Was really looking forward to Green Lantern and Flash...

Sooooo...... I just received the 1/4 Play Imaginative War Machine 2.0. It was packaged very well and the presentation box is nice with really awesome boxart. Has a laser cut metal Iron Man badge on the front of the slip cover box. First thing I took notice of is is the heft on this thing, it is a big heavy bastard if i recall correctly it is 85% die-cast and you can really tell. The paint application on the die-cast is every bit as good as Hot Toys and it is dark like the AOU armor not like the IM3 brown tinge version which is awesome.

Luckily I did not have any issues with my figure other than one magnet on a biceps piece came unglued, fixed no biggie. This ex has the full Rhodes sculpt and it is actually very nice. The paint is a little flat on the figure I would say its a tween-er between Enterbay and Hot Toys quality. It actually takes great pictures and can look very lifelike. The only negatives I would give it is shoulder rotation could be improved with the pop out mechanism HT employs and the magnetic biceps pieces are quite flimsy. But man this thing looks like a brick ****ehouse in person. It feels like high quality and it is noticeable in the build.

I would definitely give Comicave's Mark 45 a go, got the HT Mark 43 on pre-order already and there's no way anything else is going to touch that. Can't wait to get this WM and the 43 paired together. But if anyone comes across this for a decent price and you like War Machine definitely pull the trigger. It will not disappoint. Great job PI! Bring on the Comicave 1/4, I'm a fan.

Grats dude!

Rhodes sculpt is a bit off imo, but I'd never display that anyway.

Fig looks awesome, where'd you get it? Been waiting for +/- reviews to make up my mind on pulling the trigger.

Grats dude!

Rhodes sculpt is a bit off imo, but I'd never display that anyway.

Fig looks awesome, where'd you get it? Been waiting for +/- reviews to make up my mind on pulling the trigger.

BBTS, they got their shipment in and received 1 EX, so I cancelled the regular and pulled the trigger on it. The Rhodes sculpt is a bit off, it takes better pics from the side. If I pulled out the Nikon and did a real photo on it the look would be much more appealing. HT just does such a wonderful job on skin tones its tough to not rip anything else regardless of scale. But the sculpt is actually quite good.

This war machine is the balls. But I would not go back and get the Mark 42 given that HT has that damn fine 43 and Comicave has a 43 and 45 coming. I got this to pose with the HT 43. Intrigued with Comicave, hopefully give HT some incentive to kick ass and pump out more Iron Man 1/4 scale.

Yeah it is, the acrylic plaque is sharp lots of light gets through it. One other thing that the PI does that is awesome and very minor, they put lights in the feets!
Its been years since iron manz got light feet. Problem is this bastard is so heavy there's no real good way to pose him to show it off. Well no way right now I would trust. LOL

Back