Columbo movie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

**16k**

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay, I've just read that today, and won't post the original article as it's in French, but there is a project for a Columbo movie starring...Mark Ruffalo!

After my original reaction(WTF?), I gotta admit I think it might be a pretty good idea. What do you guys think?

EDIT: found an English article about it...

https://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=41553

Last edited:
Columbo, for me, is one of those characters that is inextricably linked to the actor that portrayed him. Ruffalo's a fine actor, but man, it's hard to imagine Columbo without Peter Falk.

:lol Crappy European car.

20u63bk.jpg

French Peugeot, killer Basset hound and never carries a gun. Ruffalo is a great choice. Colombo was a great character

Not sure how I feel about this, but if they're gonna redo Columbo, they could do worse than Ruffalo. I don't suppose I'll ever really think of another actor as Columbo, but I would be interested in seeing Ruffalo's take.

My first thought was ... I'm not sure there can be a Columbo without Falk. My second thought ... Ruffalo is pretty solid casting, though.

I'd rather see a cable TV series than a movie. FX or AMC. I'm not even sure Falk could've carried a feature movie. Its better fit for TV.

SnakeDoc

True Detective, Season 2 ???

Zodiaks_f3592.jpg

zodiac-3.jpg

(Not the other fella. Just Ruffalo looking very Columbo-like.)

SnakeDoc

Though I personally really enjoyed the Incredible Hulk, from a business POV, Marvel is probably doing the right thing by treading carefully with another Hulk solo movie. Much easier to make him a fan-favorite when you only get a handful of scenes with him like Avengers than having to focus a whole film on him. Planet/WW Hulk might do the trick, though.

Columbo, for me, is one of those characters that is inextricably linked to the actor that portrayed him. Ruffalo's a fine actor, but man, it's hard to imagine Columbo without Peter Falk.

Exactly..like Peter Sellers as the only Inspector. Period.

Exactly..like Peter Sellers as the only Inspector. Period.

Eh. All indelible characters are like that ... until they aren't anymore. If they can recast Shatner's Kirk, or Connery's Bond, or Nicholson's Joker, they can recast anything. Including Falk's Columbo. Indiana Jones is coming soon enough.

SnakeDoc

Back