Premium Format Colossus PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Colossus PF Sneak Peek

Happy for yeah. But that is a serious error to get over it should look great from every angle. There is no such fault in this sculpt.

00295988-885343_catl_600.jpg

:cuckoo:

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Whaaa The Thing, Captain America?!

Cap are you kidding me. friggen awesome! the thing didnt do well because who the hell wants a Fantastic one! lol.

You wanna talk TURDS EMMA FROST PF! YEAH I SAID IT!.
Chucky doll with tits!, you need to double bag that statue.

I think colossus will do well once its produced..I like how he came out.

Alot of Early Bowen statues look like crap sorry there value only spiked because people are looking for sets of statues. yes i do own bowen statues. However there new stuff looks great too bad i dont collect bowen anymore.

Happy for yeah. But that is a serious error to get over it should look great from every angle. There is no such fault in this sculpt.

I don't know Bulls....I'll take the Bowen piece and the imperfection over the tiny hands and Mego outfit of this PF anyday. No matter how you angle the PF, those hands are still going to look tiny and the uniform still looks cheap. For $400, SSC could have done much better. The PF is far from perfect.

:goodpost:

Bowen's individual X-Men and team display blow Sideshow's stylized interpretations out of the water. To be honest, there isn't one Sideshow X-Men character than I prefer over Bowen's X-Men.

While I agree with much of your statement, the SSC Gambit PF and the Wolverine comiquette are better looking than any of their Bowen counterparts IMHO. Bowen's first Rogue statue was not very good either. The paint apps are the only thing holding back the Rogue PF. That and the changes to her ass. I even like the SSC AH Rogue comiquette better than Bowen's Rogue. I do however, like the classic look of the other Bowen X-MEN pieces.

It depends on what you want to focus on. I choose to focus on the attention commanding powerful museum pose sculpt.

While I agree with much of your statement, the SSC Gambit PF and the Wolverine comiquette are better looking than any of their Bowen counterparts IMHO. Bowen's first Rogue statue was not very good either. The paint apps are the only thing holding back the Rogue PF. That and the changes to her ass. I even like the SSC AH Rogue comiquette better than Bowen's Rogue. I do however, like the classic look of the other Bowen X-MEN pieces.

Villafane's Wolverine comiquette is a killer piece. but For me, i think Randy's classic action Wolverine is the #1 Wolvie statue ever sculpted. It embodies everything that is wolverine. I've never been a fan of the gambit PF. I know people go crazy over it but i've never warmed up to the head sculpts. Rogue is easily Bowen's weakest X-character. Funny that Bowen's Rogue is one of the few Bowen X-Men i don't own! i agree with you the AH comiquette is very well done but the PF is too stylized for me.

I don't know Bulls....I'll take the Bowen piece and the imperfection over the tiny hands and Mego outfit of this PF anyday. No matter how you angle the PF, those hands are still going to look tiny and the uniform still looks cheap. For $400, SSC could have done much better. The PF is far from perfect.

I really don't think there is the perfect sculpt. The nearest I've seen to perfection in any comic sculpt is the Spidey Comiquette. But even that could be improved on with the right pose.

For a collector it will be what artwork has the sculpt been based on. Personally I'd have preferred an action pose for this character. I'm not interested in displaying this with other Xmen. I'm far more interested in posit this opposite Juggy. Some like old school some prefer modern and some like when a sculptor sculpts his own interpretation of a character.

I really don't think there is the perfect sculpt. The nearest I've seen to perfection in any comic sculpt is the Spidey Comiquette. But even that could be improved on with the right pose.

For a collector it will be what artwork has the sculpt been based on. Personally I'd have preferred an action pose for this character. I'm not interested in displaying this with other Xmen. I'm far more interested in posit this opposite Juggy. Some like old school some prefer modern and some like when a sculptor sculpts his own interpretation of a character.

Same. I'm much more interested in posing Colossus with Juggernaut. I really could care less about completing the X-Men line up. I want to display a battle of the giants, the unstoppable force meeting the immovable object. (old wrestling term)

Just for the purpose of Marvel Universe accuracy..Colossus really isn't in Juggernaut's league btw...He'd get smashed like a tin can...Only Hulk, Thor and a few other "class 100" titans could give ol ' Juggs a decent tussle :lecture :monkey4

Can u name all the class 100 titans? I guess Squirrel Girl is out of it even though she beat Thanos before? :D

SS PLEASE GET THE SCULPTOR TO RESCULPT THE HANDS TO MATCH A 1/4 SCALE COLOSSUS! There is plenty of time for this and it's not asking for much on a $400.00 statue!!!!

SS PLEASE GET THE SCULPTOR TO RESCULPT THE HANDS TO MATCH A 1/4 SCALE COLOSSUS! There is plenty of time for this and it's not asking for much on a $400.00 statue!!!!

:exactly:

Yes absolutely make the hands bigger please!!! I know everyone has their own issues against this piece and that's cool, but mine are the small hands. It just looks funny on such a giant.

Man, so with no edition size on the EX, i wonder if i can just wait 3 months for more reward pts to become active to order this?

Bro, almost everyone is complaining about the undersized hands :monkey1

Really? :dunno I see nothing wrong with it. If u can visualize the fist as an open hand, it's perfect scale. Put your palm of hand over your face and it roughly fills 3/4 of your head. If its larger, the hands would be way too big.

Just let I know, I've study and drawn / paint the human anatomy and those are the right proposition. I can't believe that every piece that SSC has released recently, there are just so many nitpickers? :dunno

:dunno Wow..Don't get it, homie..thought you of all people understood proportions..The undersized hands is actually the chief complaint second only to the way the cloth is used on this piece..And for a 400$ price tag you bet people deserve to nitpick :wink1:

Go to a mirror or have someone take a picture of you with the same pose as Colossus and u will see what I am talking about? The majority of people around the world have hands that only cover 3/4 of their face. I am telling u right out, who ever sculpted this, knew what they were doing. It's an perfect scale. I guarantee it!:lecture

Back