Colossus Original Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know where to post this, but I saw this Colossus statue for sale in Ebay, and I'm very impressed. The detail is quite good, and the paint is not too bad either. It makes me wonder when Sideshow will release a Colossus comiquette.

https://cgi.ebay.com/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130273593926

col3.jpg

Yup, the detail is really good. I'd like to see SS do a comiquette or a PF of Colossus.

I may be wrong but isnt this the one that advertised here, this and a Surfer and was was also accused of recasting and pics surfaced of his facility with recasted statues?
It certainly looks like that piece to me.
x :peace

Last edited:
And the scale.

p1010291kg6.jpg

The scale is surprising. The Wolverine comiquette is 1/5 scale....I thought the Colossus was larger in scale to the 1/4 Comiquettes/PFs. At accurate height a 1/4 scale Colossus would have to be done just under 23". Not to mention he is just a behemoth and power house when SS does it I'd love to see it done like this:

AstonColossus.png

Ready to attack but in a still in a BVP so you could put him behind other upcoming X-Men pieces.

The scale is surprising. The Wolverine comiquette is 1/5 scale....I thought the Colossus was larger in scale to the 1/4 Comiquettes/PFs. At accurate height a 1/4 scale Colossus would have to be done just under 23". Not to mention he is just a behemoth and power house when SS does it I'd love to see it done like this:

AstonColossus.png

Ready to attack but in a still in a BVP so you could put him behind other upcoming X-Men pieces.

That is my Wolverine/Colossus picture. It has to do with the perspective of the picture since Colossus is behind Wolverine and is angled to the side he doesn't look taller or wided. If you put them next to each other at level footing, the Wolverine only goes up to the belt of Colossus. If he were standing straight he would be about pectoral height on Colossus.

The Captain America PF is only about shoulder height to the Colossus but Colossus is wider. Colossus could be a little bigger but it isn't like the Sideshow 1/4 scale is perfect across the board though either, just like comic artists taking liberties with sizes.

Last edited:
Fess up... who bought it?

I really wanted to, but decided against it.

$450 is not bad, considering this is a custom statue and is well executed. Although I would think you would probably end up spending more on this item trying to get it repainted and fixing the base. If I bought this item, I probably would have requested someone to make a custom base similar to that of the Wolverine Comiquette. I also like the all chrome look that was shown in one of the thread in SF (I think that's the way to go for this statue). I wonder if the maker would end up making more of this statue as he did say in the listing that this was his last item. I personally wouldn't be surprised if he makes more of this, as there really is nothing that can stop him from doing so.

i bought one of this :D i bought an unpainted version though, still with the painter

That is one stunning piece right there. I actually like the costume on this one better than the Bowen one (the shoulder pads in Bowen's version doesn't appeal to me). This one I think is straight off the Jim Lee version of Colossus. I hope Sideshow takes a cue from this and comes out with a chrome Colossus comiquette.

If I have a choice, I'll pick this one over Bowen. a 23 inch Colossus >>> a 12 inch Bowen Colossus.

Back