Collector's Unite!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SepticFlesh

Super Freak
Reaction score
This has been my Dream: Why must us collector's live in this world so alone?

Imagine a collector's community in the real world instead of talking through typed words. We could all get together during the weekends and instead of the usual boring talk about Football...we could gather and talk about our passion and even bring some of our sculpts and figures to these get togethers to show all. It feels as if I am the only collector in existence where I live. Where I am from (being that I hate drinking and never cared for football)...if I tell anyone here I could care less about the New Orleans Saints a fight will break out. Everyone here thinks I am a gay guy as soon as I mention my hobby as a high end Sculpture and Figure collector. My own family does not even understand my passion for collecting and think I have a serious problem and in their minds I am just some over grown kid that cannot grow up or something. My Brother came and visited me last Christmas and after showing him my updated collection he called me a pansy, weirdo, grown up kid...horrible things then he and his Wife tell me I should see a Psychiatrist as if collecting these amazing Sculpts and the amount of passion I show for them is actually a mental disease I have.
That is their problem but still it would be nice to meet up with collector's like myself at least once every other weekend that would be a dream come true to me...
I just never understood the whole bar room scene...I'd rather just have people come over to the house and do some LAN parties and play some old school Halo with each other...now that's Healthy fun. :)

I will never stop being a collector...ever. :cool:
If something is wrong with that well...I do not want to be right!!

Last edited:
It was just a fantasy in my head guyz and a cool concept to have places where collector's can meet up...also after a recent argument with my brother I had to vent a little. Sorry if I pissed anyone off.
Peace.

It was just a fantasy in my head guyz and a cool concept to have places where collector's can meet up...also after a recent argument with my brother I had to vent a little. Sorry if I pissed anyone off.
Peace.

U didn't piss me off buddy :hi5: I was just poking fun :1-1:

Stick around for a while mate. Won't be long before you'll be grateful for all that cyberspace between us :lol

SepticFlesh, I understand.

Most people don't appreciate these items just like most people don't appreciate art. Most people are not developed enough mentally to have enough imagination to understand their value because they cannot understand what they represent. Art appreciators sense things at a deeper level than most people.

People tend to ridicule what they don't understand, because they have such big egos that they believe if THEY can't see the value, then it must have no value, and so there must be something wrong with people who collect art, because there is certainly nothing wrong with THEM, right?
They refuse to admit that they are deficient in any way, such as imagination, so they belittle others who do. Psychics might be even more belittled.

SepticFlesh, I understand.

Most people don't appreciate these items just like most people don't appreciate art. Most people are not developed enough mentally to have enough imagination to understand their value because they cannot understand what they represent. Art appreciators sense things at a deeper level than most people.

People tend to ridicule what they don't understand, because they have such big egos that they believe if THEY can't see the value, then it must have no value, and so there must be something wrong with people who collect art, because there is certainly nothing wrong with THEM, right?
They refuse to admit that they are deficient in any way, such as imagination, so they belittle others who do. Psychics might be even more belittled.

Value is what makes you feel happy. Investors throw the while game off. As someone who lives in the art world, I don't need to appreciate the million dollars when I come home to figuress that make me smile.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

U didn't piss me off buddy :hi5: I was just poking fun :1-1:

Nah it's no problem man. After a couple of replies it just seemed as if I made a post that wasted several members time such as the "SepticFlesh ignored" reply. One thing I need to learn is how to have more of a sense of humor. Even if these people such as so called friends and family put me down instead of me getting upset I should learn to just laugh it off and not let it bother me at all. I do tend to get overly emotional to things that are even small.
The truth is there are not many who will ever understand what I do as a hobby and this will never change. It is a blessing that Message Boards such as this one do exist because it does indicate that I truly am not alone and there are many others out there just like me...
Again for my own personal health having a good sense of humor instead of anger I believe is the way to go about things from here on out.
...even though these people putting me down are wrong...just ignore them and why not have a little laugh over it just realizing what they are truly missing out on not having such a beautiful imagination that I and many other collector's possess. :)

I think it would be great to hang out more in person. Unfortunately the Austin freaks don't really have any drive to get together. So it is what it is.

BUT, football talk is definitely not boring.

Trust me you wouldn't want to know some of these people in real life... :stick :cuckoo:

if you are that alone you do not need to get together with other people that only collect toys since that is the problem we are all over the place , but there are groups for that :1-1:

fight_club1.jpg

Trust me you wouldn't want to know some of these people in real life... :stick :cuckoo:

if you are that alone you do not need to get together with other people that only collect toys since that is the problem we are all over the place , but there are groups for that :1-1:

fight_club1.jpg

^^^^^ Case in point. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

Back