Collection Intervention on Syfy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The DVR said the robot guy was at 10:00 and then the season ender which was a Flintstones guy at Midnight. Maybe it was wrong.. I just recorded the 2nd one.

No, you're right. The new episode aired at Midnight after the encore of Face/Off.

I have to say I really felt for the Flintstones guy. This was pretty much the only time where I felt the collector should be left well enough alone. His collection was (for the most part) displayed nicely and he had a rational personal reason for collecting the Flintstones/Hanna-Barberra stuff: His mother started it when he was young and she passed away a few years ago, and he's continued the collecting as both a tribute to her and a way to keep her memory close. He has no other family. No "intervention" was necessary. But like others have said... drama.

That kit-bashing guy? He must have an account on these boards.

Nothing is spontanious in reality shows where they cut back and forth between reaction shots of people as they talk. There was likely one camera. The conversation is scripted (or at least planned) and repeated verbatum more than once so in the edit bay the director can choose between shots.

In journalism this is usually accomplished by filming the interview subject , then filming the reporter from behind the interview subject as they repeat the questions. If time permits they will do a third round of takes where the reporter nods and appears to react to the interview subject.

In reality shows they just resort to bad acting.

The kit bashing guy is Emarae my boy. Great episode. He is a member

That's who it is... I though I recognized the Commando custom; but that was a member with a similar screen name but from Finland. I recognize his avatar, but not as familiar with him as a member :huh

But hopefully he can chime in and we can get more of a first hand account of the show. I will say from what I saw of it (about 20 minutes over lunch) I'd be amazed if his collection of totes was staged.

BTW, I know I planned not to watch anymore, but I was bored over my lunch hour and noticed it recorded to the DVR. Then I was about to delete it after it started playing but my curiosity was peaked by the Rainman Wonka figure... wonder if EF knows some of his decals were on TV :lol

I will say this, the show must have a pretty short turn-around time. Pretty sure one of the figures I saw was the Convention Exclusive Captain America.

I will say this, the show must have a pretty short turn-around time. Pretty sure one of the figures I saw was the Convention Exclusive Captain America.

The Thundercats/Hot Toys guy said in his little post show youtube video that they filmed his stuff right after he got back from this year's Comic Con.

The Thundercats/Hot Toys guy said in his little post show youtube video that they filmed his stuff right after he got back from this year's Comic Con.

Well as we know good television takes time :lol :lol

I guess I should be concerned that this early in the show and I'm already familiar with two of the feature people :lol

I have to say I really felt for the Flintstones guy. This was pretty much the only time where I felt the collector should be left well enough alone. His collection was (for the most part) displayed nicely and he had a rational personal reason for collecting the Flintstones/Hanna-Barberra stuff: His mother started it when he was young and she passed away a few years ago, and he's continued the collecting as both a tribute to her and a way to keep her memory close. He has no other family. No "intervention" was necessary. But like others have said... drama.

Agreed. Just saw this episode today. They should have just left the poor guy alone.

I'm not a Flintstones guy but I grew up watching Hanna-Barbera cartoons in the '70s. I was hoping to see Space Ghost, Herculoids or Grape Ape in his collection.

images

Was it just me? Or did the Flinstone dude seem a little touched?

I think he may have mother issues.

YojO5.gif

He did have a pretty amazing collection, and it was cool that they brought people in from Hanna-Barbera to see his stuff, but the guy who wanted to buy the puppet definitely felt scripted, as did the guy how bought the Popy Godzilla.

Back