Collecting philosophy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I buy just the items that I like and want in my collection. Mostly lotr and marvel. I also stick mostly to Premium format. And of course, do I have the money.... :D

1) I only buy what I like

2) I will buy from any company that makes quality product

3) I don't give a crap about value on the secondary I buy what I like and unfortunately that costs me a bit to add to my collection

4) I try to not piss off my wife with all the UPS and FedEx deliveries and am quickly running out of room in my office.

:D

1) stop acting like other collectors owe you something by HAVING to sell you something at cost.

2) do what you want with what you spend YOUR money on, whether it be to sell or keep it.

3) remember that you are and ADULT and not a whiny little kid who can't get his/her candy.

4) get laid 5 times a week.

1) I buy what I like, whether it be 1:6, PF, 1:1, Dio or statue.

2) I buy mainly from Sideshow, but if I like something another company makes, I'll get it.

3) I buy to collect, not to make a profit; I never buy a statue with the hopes that it will increase in value. I get things because I think they are cool and want them in my collection.

4) When I eventually have enough space, I will display by format. 12" together, PF's together, Busts together and in some rare cases I will mix them together.

This is the approach I take. In the end I just want to enjoy collecting and have fun with it.

I mainly buy LOTR & SW but have deviated a little with The Dead, Buffy, New Line Horror, etc. I only buy items I want to include in my collection so I'm by no means a completist.

Sometimes I buy things 'cause they make me smile (LOTR 12"), or because they look menacing (PF Darkness) or 'cause it's shiny with pretty lights (Stealth Ironman). I'm such a chick!

I started out collecting mini busts but it soon all spiraled out of control. I went to Hard Hero full size then to Sideshow. That is what broke the bank.

It's getting to the point for me where if I can't see the spot where is going to go then I pass. Teh new stuff has to be better and I have to like it more than what I currently have. :monkey3

Back