Coleccionismosw 1/6 customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, WOW! That's beautiful. Would you mind walking through the painting process on the head/hands? Your color selection is perfect. Also, how did you do the eyes? I ask because I've really been considering working on an Ackbar myself. I don't think Sideshow/Hot Toys is ever going to get around to him.

Man, that is a great repaint. Nicely done.

I have the GG bust head ready to go, I just need to sort the outfit out. Yours looks just as good. Once again, fantastic job.

Thak you very much for your compliments.

OK, WOW! That's beautiful. Would you mind walking through the painting process on the head/hands? Your color selection is perfect. Also, how did you do the eyes? I ask because I've really been considering working on an Ackbar myself. I don't think Sideshow/Hot Toys is ever going to get around to him.

Ok, so lets start :p

Basically I have apply the basecoat (I dont exactly remember the tonality but it was a very dark brown), then I dried brush with a shinier brown. I have painted the spots with "Citadel shade: Nul Oil" and i brushed again slightly with brown.
Finally I applied a brown shade from Citadel to all the figure in order to make it more glazy.

For the eyes I have bought these ones on eBay, they are perfect ! same size (12 mm exactly) --> 6 X TOY EYES - SAFETY TEDDY EYES 12MM - YELLOW-DOLL BEAR ANIMAL MONKEY | eBay

I hope have been helpful

Thanks, for the walkthrough and the link.

Looks like I'm gonna have to track down an Ackbar soon :)

Akbar repaint looks great but his head is too high off the shoulders. Did you swap the body? Maybe do some dremelling to get it to sit lower and it will be great.

Just my 2 cents! :)

Nate may be right, but I wouldn't change it if it were me. I think it makes him look more regal or more important. It also shows off more of that beautiful paint job.

Akbar repaint looks great but his head is too high off the shoulders. Did you swap the body? Maybe do some dremelling to get it to sit lower and it will be great.

Just my 2 cents! :)

I thought about that, I will try, thanks for the tip ;)

Now I am working on this one:

10943456_10204963502481020_1746915118_n copia.jpg

I'll give it my best shot. I dunno if I can do as well as Colec, but I'll try.

I haven't decided yet. I'm leaning toward a COO Models broad-shouldered body. Ackbar is a little bigger than an average human in the shoulders and I think that will help fill out the vest some.

When I see the before/after pics of this repaint, eye replacement I cannot believe they are the same sculpt.

Pretty amazing job.

I just ordered the eye set for mine. then getting another suit for him so his pants would not look to short. makes him look like he`s expecting a flood with those high waters on

Back