Code 3 VS MR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well at the price rate MR seems to be going with the SW reps it's not even a choice for me, and I sure as hell don't need my Falcon to be 32 inches.
I'll bet that once I get me first Code 3 piece it will seem somewhat overpriced, but from what I've heard they are real nice so it's the best way to go.
Got the X-Wing, Falcon, AT-ST and Slave coming.

Well with the new AT-AT and MF both being at $1500 ish each that would pay for my whole C3 collection, so for me the choice is pretty easy. I know I will be tempted by the new AT-AT though. The snow scenes are my favorite from any of the movies and it's going to have snow on the base as well as a wrecked snow speeder now thats going to be awesome. I will have to try really hard not to give in on that one.

Jesse

I own both the Falcon and the X-wing. If not for all the LOTR SS/W stuff over the past couple years, I would have bought the newer releases as well.

These are nice display pieces. Very heavy. More than anything else, I was impressed with the way they were packaged up for shipping.

That said, I don't care too much for the Falcon. It has a very poor paint job, in my opinion. The weathering just looks like solid patches/streaks of gray paint.

Also, there was a major uproar when it first came out regarding it's design. If you are looking for a faithful representation of the model used during filming, this is NOT for you. Save up for Master Replicas. Other collectors discovered the Code 3 Falcon was largely a recast of some old Ertl model kit. The main give-away was that the Code 3 ship still had an empty socket in the back that was used to house some kind of switch on the old Ertl model. I'm no expert on this, so I suggest searching around the internet for more info if you care.

The X-wing was a huge improvement over the Falcon. However, I was still slightly iffy on the paint scheme. I saw the others (Slave I, AT-ST, Gunship) on display at C3. I think the quality keeps improving. Though, I do not care for the mini figures. I feel it makes them look more like the toy Action Fleet ships.

The Slave I looks great and is probably my favorite.

Back