Cobra Sniper.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see any red. Looks sharp and crisp too. Here are pics of the chest and sleeve logos. Still going to return it.

I very highly doubt that you have a factory mistake. The idea is not impossible, but unlikely in the extreme. I have never heard of any production errors like this before. That does not mean it couldn't happen, but with the talent, material, and equipment available to customizers now, my opinion is that it is far more likely to be home-made regardless of how good it looks.

And the figure is cool if it is a custom. I wish Sideshow had done them all like that. As has been mentioned, I would love to have it.

You need to contact the seller and ask what the deal is.

It is too bad that you opened it. There is actually a very simple way to verify if the box has previously been opened even though Sideshow makes them so collector friendly. But once you have opened it yourself, the possibility is gone.

Edit - what was the seller's name?

SS boxes aren't sealed. But yea, one of errors don't happen often with SS.

But looking at the close up of the logo, those are printed on. If it was custom, it would have to be a recreated shirt, the original logos removed or new logos printed perfectly over the originals. Way too much work for a custom.

Well if it is a custom, its the best custom print job I have ever seen and worth the price anyway.

Back to work, slick :cool:

tumblr_m476u6PXCO1r4c0hg.gif

Ski

Last edited:
i say it is a custom. too much difference to be a factory mess up. i could see a desert sniper being put in a regular sniper box, but wrong color emblems too. thats odd

SS boxes aren't sealed. But yea, one of errors don't happen often with SS.

But looking at the close up of the logo, those are printed on. If it was custom, it would have to be a recreated shirt, the original logos removed or new logos printed perfectly over the originals. Way too much work for a custom.

i say it is a custom. too much difference to be a factory mess up. i could see a desert sniper being put in a regular sniper box, but wrong color emblems too. thats odd

:lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

While the "print" on the uniform looks phenomenal, tracing over the logos is something that could easily be done by someone with a steady hand and a fine-tipped pen or brush.

The only real exception to this would be if it was an exclusive edition we didn't yet know about, like the International Babysitter from The Dead line. But I personally think it's a custom.

I've contacted the seller and Sideshow and am waiting a reply. I don't think the seller is trying to pull a fast one because it doesn't make sense that he would do that just to sell it for about the original retail price. He probably aquired it as is and either never looked at it or didn't know how it should look.

Even if it is a factory error I don't think Sideshow would necessarily know. So I think I'll probably keep it. Factory error or custom, it looks cool and will just add to my legions.

I've contacted the seller and Sideshow and am waiting a reply. I don't think the seller is trying to pull a fast one because it doesn't make sense that he would do that just to sell it for about the original retail price. He probably aquired it as is and either never looked at it or didn't know how it should look.

Even if it is a factory error I don't think Sideshow would necessarily know. So I think I'll probably keep it. Factory error or custom, it looks cool and will just add to my legions.

Good choice. It is nice. It would be cool to know the story on it, but at the same time, maybe it would be just as cool not to know.

So is this a custom that is being passed off as new or some kind of rare variant? I could not find anything that looked like this online and want to get some opinions before I contact the seller.

Thanks

I'd keep it regardless. Looks really cool. Although you do have recourse with the seller I'd imagine.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

While the "print" on the uniform looks phenomenal, tracing over the logos is something that could easily be done by someone with a steady hand and a fine-tipped pen or brush.

The only real exception to this would be if it was an exclusive edition we didn't yet know about, like the International Babysitter from The Dead line. But I personally think it's a custom.

That is not painted over.

Back