cmtoys rubber body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude - the asian bodies are always a tad darker than the caucasian ones :dunno

I'm really interested in one of these too. Any idea if they're any taller than normal?

It's a shame they really dropped the ball on the sculpt. I was hoping to see a good interpretation of spartacus here (cause serang's I cant afford) but this sure as hell aint no Andy Whitfield! Unfortunately ACI's attempt is just as bad. At least CM Toys made a cool body for him....

ya, seems like I totally forgot to underline my point there...
someone mentioned that the more tanned body (HJ002) would be a closer match to HT Leonidas. more of a similar skintone.
dunno if the HJ001 would-of actually worked better on my Rocky bash there?

but anyways the impression I got is that this HJ002 (asian?) body would be closer match to the HT skintones. that was my point...
but I can't really verify this, as I don't have the HJ001-body myself.

here's a kind-of-a skintone comparison:

skintone_comparison.jpg

it's kinda hard to accomplish a comparison with a photograph, but here goes. I tried my best to manipulate the photo as less as I could.
anyway, looking at it objectively, it seems like
HT Wolverine skintone would be more of a rosé toned
as for HT Rocky (Italian Stallion) it's a bit more orange.
but the HJ002 body (under the Rocky head ;) ) itself is actually a fairly close match to the TTM19 head?

This actually is a good cut through of HT facial paintapps aswell. in the era of Wolvie and T2 (2010) we saw much more detailed/highlighted paintapps on the headsculpts (for example, if you compare MMS138 [T1 - produced 2011] and MMS117 [T2 - produced 2010], I believe T2 has more paint detail on the face).
comparing to the figures coming out now, here TTM19 (2012), it's kind-of-a less is more kinda wibe ain't it? not that much highlighting...
and in the old days, Rocky (2008(?ish), I think the plastic underneath was a totally different color all-together? hence the bit more orange tone sculpts?
seems like the HT skintones have evolved through times a bit...

can't really comment the height anymore...
tall it is... I had to shorten the foot pegs etc. to make it look more natural as Rocky. so, I really have no idea...
I'd imagine this body would be about the height of HT Rambo III, which is about 31cm.
the photograph in question lies, as Wolvie is further away from the camera and the CmToys HJ002-body is already in it's shortened state.

Found this photos on ebay.
I think it's HJ001 body but have no idea if head or body was repaint or shoped.
AY022.jpg
AY042-1.jpg

But this one looks like HJ002:
AF073.jpg

thanx for the response, but the first body is actually a Hot Toys Rocky/Rambo/(might be even)Billy Sole -type rubber body.
the veins/bloodvessels on the arms pretty much confirm it...

I just ordered the hj001 body today, its looks to be an interesting body so I thought I would give it a try. I like that the rubber looks to be very stretchy and the articulation looks pretty good for a rubber body. I still think its a bit over priced thought, they really should have thrown in a head sculpt for the 60-70 dollar price tag. Will post my thoughts on it when it arrives.

Well it just arrived this morning, I only just started to check it out and it looks pretty good and feels weird to the touch. The rubber used here is not like any other I have ever seen on a 1:6 figure. I almost feels like the rubber spiders we used to get with a box of cereal, you know the ones you throw on the fridge and it rolls down it slowly:lol Its not sticky but it is sqiushy. It has pretty good articulation and great concidering its a rubber body, the rubber is very pliable so you don't get the feeling it will tear easy.

I'm not going to spectulate how long it will last but out of the box it seem very durable. It stands well and is a heavy body. I got the HJ001 color and it matches the hot toys skin color pretty well, it works with the reeves skin color aswell as the two most resent truetypes from hot toys ttm18 and ttm19. All in all it seems to be a nice body worth the pick-up for the bashes that show alot of skin, but it looks like it would be a pain in the a__ to dress fully as the clothes would likely stick to the rubber making the process annoying. I actually am not sure what I'm going to use it for yet, but I will post pics as soon as I think of something.

Well it just arrived this morning, I only just started to check it out and it looks pretty good and feels weird to the touch. The rubber used here is not like any other I have ever seen on a 1:6 figure. I almost feels like the rubber spiders we used to get with a box of cereal, you know the ones you throw on the fridge and it rolls down it slowly:lol Its not sticky but it is sqiushy. It has pretty good articulation and great concidering its a rubber body, the rubber is very pliable so you don't get the feeling it will tear easy.

I'm not going to spectulate how long it will last but out of the box it seem very durable. It stands well and is a heavy body. I got the HJ001 color and it matches the hot toys skin color pretty well, it works with the reeves skin color aswell as the two most resent truetypes from hot toys ttm18 and ttm19. All in all it seems to be a nice body worth the pick-up for the bashes that show alot of skin, but it looks like it would be a pain in the a__ to dress fully as the clothes would likely stick to the rubber making the process annoying. I actually am not sure what I'm going to use it for yet, but I will post pics as soon as I think of something.

Thanks for the heads up. I was deciding which one to get that matches the HT skin tone. :clap:clap:clap

Ok so I found a use for this body, I was planning to wait for the kaustic plastik super muscle body for this bash but since it was pushed back to july and the skin tone matches I thought I would see how it looks. The cmtoys body is pretty big, not really big enought for arnie but with the clothes on it looks pretty good. I still need a few parts to complete this custom but aleast its started now:) The color code for this is HJ001 and seems to match most hot toys caucasion paint color.

Is it compatible with HT hands?

From the looks of them yes, I do not have any spare hands handy as the extras I tend to leave in the box, but it does look like the same joint as hot toys. They also give you three sets with the body, one relaxed set, one gun holding set, and one closed set for holding a knive or stick. They also include an extra set of foot pegs for attaching to footless shoes which is a nice touch.

The bicep veins are very unnatural looking.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I never liked heavy looking veins on figures, and the veins on this figure looks like scars or something.

Sent from my keyboard using my PC

Back