Cluster headaches....any sufferers here?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cap'n Cook

Vengeance 🦇
CF Supporter
Reaction score
The reason I ask is my older brother is going through a particularly bad episode this past month.

He's been trying everything possible but wondered if anyone else had tips for any remedies?

Thanks in advance
Snake

:duff

I started getting them when I was about 13 almost once a month and it really sucked. As I got older they became less frequent. I do not have any remedies but was wondering if he ever gets swelling around his eyes because I would sometimes look like Rocky after getting a cluster head ache

I've had it for years, about one or two times a month and sometimes it's an annoyance and sometimes I'm on the edge of crying as I'm curled up in bed. What I do is if I feel it coming up, immediately take ibuprofen and go outside for fresh air and go for a short walk. That usually makes it less painful. It of course depends from person to person, I know that a friend of mine who also has it doesn't feel the attacks coming up so he can't take anything preventive.

I've been noticing and hearing from others that the only real medication free "remedy" is keeping yourself occupied. The pain is still there but if you're busy with other things (can be a small thing like focusing on breathing) you don't pay as much attention to it.

Pot will help, seriously.

I have a friend who uses an oxygen mask when they come on and it helps a lot.

I've read botox works but I have no idea how.

Everyone is different, in terms of what causes them, but for me food is the biggest cause. It could also be environmental. If it is a sudden onset, I'd look at anything that has changed, in the time frame he started getting them. Not to be an alarmist, but it could possibly be an indicator of another underlying issue, so it would hurt to see a doctor.

Wow, that sucks. I've never heard of cluster headaches before ( I had to google it), and I've had chronic migraines every day of my life for the past 44 years. I know for me, there are many things that can contribute to the severity of my headaches (I've learned to live with a certain amount of pain, as mine never really go away): diet and stress being the largest contributors. Not sure if the same would apply to cluster headaches, but getting tested for food allergies could be beneficial.

Back