Clone Sideshow Bodies Switch to Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
also how is this for mania - every sideshow star wars figure I have, apart from gartogg and hammerhead, is on a tt slim. 2 sandtroopers, boba fett, bossk, snowtrooper, greedo, bith custom, duro custom, weequay custom. And i've got a few more spare for future figures, they're great bodies.

also how is this for mania - every sideshow star wars figure I have, apart from gartogg and hammerhead, is on a tt slim. 2 sandtroopers, boba fett, bossk, snowtrooper, greedo, bith custom, duro custom, weequay custom. And i've got a few more spare for future figures, they're great bodies.

Oh, I absolutely agree. I am blown away. Never had one before. Once I figure how to get the torso clone armor on i may very well head in that direction.

Mortifactor,
Very (I mean excellent) nice custom work. That is huge talent. I appreciate the paint tutorial and hints.

If you haven't checked out his stuff - click on his link. You will not regret it.

Re: sideshow bodies

It does work, I think it is a cost thing. I would love to upgrade all my figures if it wasnt so expensive.

There are some sellers in Asia on ebay that sell "knock off" TTs for around $25-30. I plan on upgrading some of my figures, but need to do more research on which body to use.

I have been updating my Sideshow Bonds with these - I managed to grab half a dozen when they were $20 inclusive of shipping. They are great IMHO - can't go wrong. I also upgraded the crappy molded shoes with the much superior ACI dress shoes. Amazing what a difference this makes.

QUESTION: Does anyone have a nifty way of reattaching clone armor that does not involve glue? How about that belt?

That's right folks! SUCCESS!!!
Hot Toys Gree looking very proud of himself.

DSC02100_zps14495898.jpg

DSC02090_zps3222e4a0.jpg

More on the method later, when I have a bit more time.

Last edited:
It looks like Gree jacked some Airborne trooper's belt. haha
I think the main obstacles to address in this method is just making sure the forearms fit and the feet and hands can go in. Other than that its pretty straight forward. Although how much more poseability do you actually gain? The clone armor can be restricting no matter what body it is on.

Although how much more poseability do you actually gain? The clone armor can be restricting no matter what body it is on.
Exactly. I've thought about modding the armor to see how much more movement I could get out of a clone while still maintaining most of the armors original look. Until you do that switching out the body is only helpful if you have one with weak joints.

Exactly. I've thought about modding the armor to see how much more movement I could get out of a clone while still maintaining most of the armors original look. Until you do that switching out the body is only helpful if you have one with weak joints.

Yeah that weak joint thing can be pretty annoying. There's a lot of inconsistency with the clone bodies.

Well by gosh - I didn't see there was interest in this thread until tonight. I guess i have been away too long. I will post pictures tonight of ….

Last edited:
I hope you like him. Commander Gree was scrapped in favor of Cody. I worked out a lot of bugs on Gree though.

This is my version of a Mythos Cody
Commander Cody on a Hot Toys body. Not the best photos to show off his articulation. He is hampered a little by the armor but not much. Over all I actually like how the armor fits. It looks like a real person to me.

DSC00291_zps8ax8zdbz.jpg
DSC00298_zpsnte3yjbq.jpg
DSC00309_zpsnoxz5dht.jpg

I know it's been awhile but I want to upgrade my Commander's to better bodies now, anybody know of what the best bodies to use, by today's standards?

I know it's been awhile but I want to upgrade my Commander's to better bodies now, anybody know of what the best bodies to use, by today's standards?

I would like to know this too. Are there any that don't require modifying the armour? The clone bodies have all but dried up on Ebay at the minute.
Thanks.

I would like to know this too. Are there any that don't require modifying the armour? The clone bodies have all but dried up on Ebay at the minute.
Thanks.

If your looking for a clone body you can get one from Toy Anxiety, very reliable seller with lots of clone parts, prices are competitive and they sell on ebay too, although this and other things may not be for sale on ebay currently. Only one clone body there right now. https://toyanxiety.com/star-wars-commander-wolffe-nude-body-w-neck-joint/

Well, I purchased my first Clone (501st Deluxe) over the weekend, a second-hand figure, and found the body needs replacing due to a floppy right arm; any thoughts on what I should be looking for or what I should stay away from? I also found the ball joints on both of the flat fee are super-hard to move into any kind of dynamic pose, so I'm wondering if they received a touch of glue to stiffen them up. Should they be easier to bend back and forth at the ball? Any thoughts or recommendations appreciated.

Also...any tips on keeping the thigh armor in place?

Looks like this thread is getting no love. Anyway, I disassembled the 501st Deluxe Trooper over the weekend and was able to tighten the arm pretty easily; it gave me the chance to clean all the parts, and with replacement feet and backpack from Toy Anxiety, got him looking and working like new. The figure came with no thermal detonators and looks like it should have had four...picked up one from TA as well. Can someone confirm it should have had four?

Back