Classification specifics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prydonian

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Okay, I'm going to give in and ask... can someone help me out by explaining the differences between Premium Format figures, Legendary Scale figures, Legendary Scale busts, Maquettes (in Sideshow terms), and Comiquettes? I'm sure each range must have a set of uniform characteristics, but I'm stumped on precisely what they are. Many thanks! :)

There is not always specifics to the different styles. The only one that has a definite scale is Premium Format which are 1/4. All of the others go between different scales.

Okay, I'm going to give in and ask... can someone help me out by explaining the differences between Premium Format figures, Legendary Scale figures, Legendary Scale busts, Maquettes (in Sideshow terms), and Comiquettes? I'm sure each range must have a set of uniform characteristics, but I'm stumped on precisely what they are. Many thanks! :)

Premium Formats are 1/4 statues that sometimes have fabric parts

Legendary busts are generally 1/2 scale

Not sure on Maquettes

Comiquettes from now on are 1/5 scale fully sculpted statues based on comic characters

Thanks for the replies and info, guys! :)

Premium Formats are 1/4 statues that sometimes have fabric parts

Legendary busts are generally 1/2 scale

Not sure on Maquettes

Comiquettes from now on are 1/5 scale fully sculpted statues based on comic characters
Comiquettes are 1/5 scale? That's an interesting choice.

And aren't there Legendary Scale figures as well? That one seems to be the last hole in my understanding of all this...

Thanks for the replies and info, guys! :)

Comiquettes are 1/5 scale? That's an interesting choice.

And aren't there Legendary Scale figures as well? That one seems to be the last hole in my understanding of all this...

Legendary Scale Figures are 1/2 scale (usually anyway). Lines up with Legendary Scale Busts which are 1/2 scale.

I will point out though that they reclassified Premium Format so now it just means 1/4th scale but I could be fully sculpted with no mixed media.

Legendary Scale Figures are 1/2 scale (usually anyway). Lines up with Legendary Scale Busts which are 1/2 scale.

I will point out though that they reclassified Premium Format so now it just means 1/4th scale but I could be fully sculpted with no mixed media.
Interesting! I had no idea that Sideshow had released any 3-ft high figures. Thanks very much for the info!

Back