Classic eBay Love Story

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Post a link to whoaitsjoedahoe-1 profile. I'll report him using eBay. If enough of us report him, his account will be removed and no refund necessary.

Block: whoaitsjoedahoe-1

Thanks. I will add this name to the List, actually right now. This is a difficult process. I will say that they took pictures with a scrap paper as I requested with my name on it but asked why. They initiated a Return. I accepted the Return with me paying shipping. But they still want me to agree to having them keep the item and getting a full refund.

All of these horror stories are terrible. These eBay scammers cannot call themselves collectors. This is ridiculous. I am more than happy to mail through eBays Global Shipping Program. At this point, they are the only ones I want to mail through. Anyone know if this is possible?

I've been on eBay for a multiple years and I've been scammed three times. The good does outweigh the bad, its just hell when it goes bad. I agree with you Twelve and gogul1. It's amazing how well the scammers know the system. I check Paypal and eBay everyday to see if someone wants to sneak in a bs claim.

Anyways here's what I posted on the List. Hope it saves some people here.

I sold them a New Hot Toys Diecast War Machine Mark II SS Exclusive Edition (includes a mini green figurine).

The Story:
They paid and said "hope that the figure and box are in tact without any damage or dents". A day later they asked to cancel the transaction because they have bad luck with USPS but after more messages, it was ok to mail it so I did with Insurance they offered to pay for and I paid for signature. They get the package and send a photo of the exclusive green mini figure being broken. They say "Damage to product. If you would like to submit a claim to USPS." The mini green figure status: "The back minimum was broken off and bent". I ask them how the actual Hot Toy is and they say "Overall I am pleased with the figure, the lights have not been tested yet because that is quite the hassle installing the batteries. It's just the minutiae of the mini figure being broken on account to the rough handling that bothers me most. I like my products to be perfect."

I totally get it. I do. I also know how sturdy the foam is in that HT box. When I asked for pictures, they only sent pictures of the shipping box (which was damaged) I put the HT brown box and HT box in. After having to continually ask them for actual photos of the Hot Toy and those HT boxes themselves, they finally responded to my asking for pictures a few messages later saying they will get to it when they have the time. They sent photos and aside from a small dent in the HT brown box on the bottom, the HT box looked Immaculate, just as I sent it.

They initiated a Return. After submitting the ShipCover claim, I accepted the Return of item with full refund. Now they are telling me that I agreed to letting them Keep the Hot Toy and a Full Refund. Nope. I did offered them a partial refund because it was the mini green figurine and not the HT itself and because it was easier.

Here's a part of the conversation. For the record, this eBayer has super fast communication and I was always going to initiate the insurance claim.

Me - Well I would like to refund your money back. I contacted eBay about what to do in an unfortunate case such as this. I have been advised to ask for the item back and to give you a full refund. Let me know where you stand on this.

whoaitsjoedahoe-1 - "I'd really like to keep the figure in all honesty, why not put up the claim on USPS with the insurance I paid for?"

Me - "What would you like me to do for you?"

whoaitsjoedahoe-1 - "I would have done it but I don't have the physical receipt lol. But if it's not too inconvenient I think it would work best"

Me - "I want to make sure I am understanding this correctly. I would initiate the insurance claim and fully refund you your money and you'll keep the item. Is this correct?"

whoaitsjoedahoe-1 - "That's how the insurance works haha"

Me - "Ah yes. Well I would like to have the item back. But yes, I do want to fully refund you "

whoaitsjoedahoe-1- "When you put the claim they reimburse you so you get to keep the money that you made selling the item"

The dispute is still going on. I have been on ebay since I think 2001 but started selling in around 2010. I have over 1000 feedback.

whoaitsjoedahoe-1 has under 10 feedbacks but something tells me that this isn't their first rodeo. In case they have more User ID's, Beware of an address with Anchor Ave in Spring Hill, FL

This guy's an utter lowlife. As others have said, he's trying to scam his way into getting a free figure. Report him to Ebay and have them deal with him accordingly.

No way don't agree to that. I would agree to that. You are not getting The full amount if only a mini figure is damaged. I would say send it back and I'll give your a full refund and they pay to return it not you or file we can file a USPS claim and they can either that that partial refund from USPS and keep the figure of send it back and pay shipping. When you get it back take the money from USPS and sell it for less due to the damage.

He does have a HT quicksilver for sale. Revenge buying may be a good resolve to give him some of his own medicine and get free fig at that *******s expense

Thanks everyone! And Thank you Ween for posting the link. Medusoid, I agree. This guy wanted a free figure from the start. Haha and Thanks Shawpa, oh revenge buying. Karma right? Mfoga, yeah I'll be selling it if I get it back in one piece. This guy has been... an experience. Oh who am I kidding. Its been Hell. But it could have been worse. I reported him to ebay and I talked with ebay and used the word "scam". eBay told me to stop calling and talked to me as if I called this guy a scammer. Oh wait. I did. You guys have made this bad situation one to laugh at so it helps a bunch! I realize the easy route would have been that I could have kept the insurance money and let this guy get a free Hot Toy but screw that. I'll take a $ loss over that any day.

So update!

The guy opened up a case on Paypal for the Insurance of $4.95 but I called Paypal and they laughed. The case was closed immediately.

We ended up going with the return but this was the conversation for today:

whoaitsjoedahoe-1 : "I thought we established a partial refund was fine and I was to keep the figure?"

Me: "Hi, is a partial refund what you want to do now? What amount would you think is good for this case in regards to a partial refund?"

whoaitsjoedahoe-1 : "Well I presume that because the insurance money did not go through that should be factored back into the return and considering the figure itself is a collectable item perhaps a solid 35 should do. As accessories for a hot toy figure replacement do cost a significant amount themselves."

(separate messages about an hour apart)
- If you could prefer I could just returned the figure in totality
- I think I will go ahead and repack it and send it back to you by tomorrow or Friday. I apologize for any inconvenience

Anyways, I am currently waiting for the item to be returned but I do have a plan. I will be opening the package in front of USPS. Anyone have any luck with this? I'm not sure what will be returned in the box but it could be entertaining. I'll keep this Love story updated.

I would still use the picture he sent you to open a insurance claim. Get as much money as you can back from insurance.

Also I don't think this is the scam everyone thought it was anymore.

Huh, I wasn't expecting him to change his mind so suddenly. It'll be interesting to see if he actually sends it back to you.

If you do receive something from him, though, I would record the unboxing just to be on the safe side.

I am happy to say that they returned the Hot Toy with no problems. I have fully refunded them. Whew. Its over. I have the figure. I'm out $50 in total for shipping costs. The miniature green figure...geez. The part where he said it was broken was such a thin area. Well, here's to hopping this serves as a warning for those who may consider selling to this guy. At least I have the Hot Toy back.

I am happy to say that they returned the Hot Toy with no problems. I have fully refunded them. Whew. Its over. I have the figure. I'm out $50 in total for shipping costs. The miniature green figure...geez. The part where he said it was broken was such a thin area. Well, here's to hopping this serves as a warning for those who may consider selling to this guy. At least I have the Hot Toy back.

Now, just make sure he doesn't leave you bad feedback, because he shouldn't.

Haha Right? Well apparently this isn't over. The guy is telling me that he received a message saying that he got his money back but he doesn't (didn't) need to return the item. I asked him what he wanted. And he replied with idk but asked if the insurance money went through. I called eBay. They say they have also reported him and that I dont have to keep messaging with him. I messaged him with best wishes and that I will no longer be reading his messages. There's still an opportunity for a negative feedback which I am sure will happen. At this point, I'm somewhat confident that eBay will take it down seeing that I complied with (almost) every thing this guy wanted. If eBay can side with me on this, then maybe they aren't so bad when it comes to scammers harassing their sellers.

You can't keep the item and the money. Where he gets that is beyond me. Hopefully he won't be on eBay long.

Sorry to hear the trouble but glad you got your stuff back with minimal loss. I have given up selling on eBay all together.

I sold an Iron Fist #14 (first appearance Sabertooth) to a buyer who disputed my grading claim. I graded it a "minimum 8.0" and he demanded his money back saying the comic was nowhere near that grade. I had to pay return shipping, all the while worried that he was sending back a different version of the same comic and I was going to be stuck. The comic arrived, and it was indeed the same one I originally sent. I then had it graded by CGC and they gave it a 9.0. I turned around and sold it to someone else for a few hundred dollars more and sent the original buyer a link to the auction. :p

It's quite easy to change eBay username. Maybe if you could write his PayPal recipient name here so everybody could keep an eye when dealing with him.

I wouldn't worry about a negative, just reply on it that you refunded the buyer for the item damaged in shipping.

Customer was refunded. You are done with them. period. File your damage shipping claim with whoever shipped it and call it a day.

Back