Classic Comedians - Laurel & Hardy, Marx Brothers, Stooges, Hope/Crosby, Martin/Lewis

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geronimo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Classic Comedians - Laurel & Hardy, Marx Brothers, Stooges, Hope/Crosby, Martin/Lewis

I've always have enjoyed classic comedy, from Chaplin all the way to Seinfeld. With the upcoming release of Chaplin, Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy (details to follow in upcoming posts), and existing sculpts of Bud Abbott and Lou Costello, I felt the time was right to start this thread for all classic comedy fans!

I have been fortunate to obtain preliminary sculpts of Stan and Ollie, created by Spenser which are more than just awesome...I'm sure (hope) you will agree that they are spot on. If fact, I believe that they are the closest representations of the boys that I have ever seen anywhere.

The fact that I have already received these sculpts has given me a jump start and I've included some prelim pictures below...!

99eec535.png

14a681a7.jpg

d2913b66.jpg

da431b24.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Classic Comedians Thread - starting with Mr. Laurel and Mr. Hardy

I've been waiting to see these guys all dressed up, Dr Henry Jones Sr.'s clothes really worked out well for Stan. Fantastic job on them, Jerry! Spencer's sculpts are perfect.

Seeing the start of this thread means we will be able to order them soon. I can't wait to get my hands on them.

Great so see the classic comedians get their due here on this board. Abbott and Costello, Laurel and Hardy, and Chaplin...

Who's next ?

The Marx Brothers?

WC Fields?

The Stooges?

I really like to see the honeymooners... Great work

The amazing thing with these is Spenser took an incredible amount of time, with attention to detail to complete these! For example, some of you may or may not know that they each wore different hats. They also sit differently on their heads- he nailed those! Also, when you take Stan's hat off, his hair is sticking up as an added benefit! This was a challenge for him to nail down, but he did it!

Last edited:

Hey Jerry...

Any update from Spencer as to when these great sculpts will be available for purchase?

I just love the way they turned out!

How would one go about finding clothes (and padding) for characters like Hardy, Costello, Fields, Curly or even Tony Soprano for that matter ?

How would one go about finding clothes (and padding) for characters like Hardy, Costello, Fields, Curly or even Tony Soprano for that matter ?

Jimmy C, it has been a pretty simple process actually. You've listed several comedians above, and the first thing is to consider their height, and what type of body will accomplish that. For Hardy, I just used a TTL 1 A body because he was 6'1" tall, and that body fit the bill close enough. For other comedians, you will need different heights. jungle Jom had an ingenious way to get Costello's height...Jungle Jom, maybe you can share some thoughts...

Once you select a body, a fat suit must be purchased. There have been several out there on ebay, and they pop up periodically.

Finally, for clothes you have a couple options. For example, for Stan, his clothes were an exact match for the Dr. Jones figure. That figure also came with a shorter body, which was a good match to the Hardy TTL body.
Or, you can order pants for the heavier comedians (Hardy, Costello, etc) from a place called Project Are outfitters. They have very reasonable prices, and do a great job altering the pants to fit the fat suit. I have measurements that you can request from them if you are interested...

Jimmy...

Jerry has given you some good advice, there are ways to put these figures together if you do the research. The proper heights can be done by cutting the legs down above the knee and below the knee and then glueing the pieces back together.

If you don't want to use a fat suit Kumik has just revealed a new fat body:

promo-1.jpg

And here is a link to their site:

https://kumiktoyhouse.wordpress.com/kumik-works-of-art/kumik-body-asian-fat-version-kbf-002/

Here are some measurements used for pants to fit Oliver Hardy or Lou Costello figures..

636caaf2.jpg

Re: Classic Comedians Thread - Mr. Laurel and Mr. Hardy, Groucho

"If I held you any closer I would be on the other side of you..."

42aabc53.jpg

Why did I sit with her? Because she reminds me of you, that's why I'm here with you, because you remind me of you… your eyes, your throat, your lips, everything about you reminds me of you... except you. How do you account for that?

80c5c9df.jpg

Last edited:

WOW!

Where did that come from?

Jerry... How was that put together? It looks just great! The only thing that might be a little off are the glasses, but I'm not sure...

I forgot...

I put in my order to Spencer for a painted L&H set today.

Just can't wait to get them.

It came together really quickly...I found a Groucho "Leonardo" figurine online and it looked around the right size for a 1/6 sculpt. It ended up being just a tad smaller, but when matched with a short body (because Groucho was 5'6"), it worked! I hacked the head off (or I should probably say gently sawed), and attached it. The "figurine" ended up being resin, so attaching the head was as easy as attaching other heads...

Just fantastic work.

Yodasan,

There isn't one yet, but Spenser mentioned that one will be started shortly. You can also pm him directly if you like...

It came together really quickly...I found a Groucho "Leonardo" figurine online and it looked around the right size for a 1/6 sculpt. It ended up being just a tad smaller, but when matched with a short body (because Groucho was 5'6"), it worked! I hacked the head off (or I should probably say gently sawed), and attached it. The "figurine" ended up being resin, so attaching the head was as easy as attaching other heads...

You mentioned Groucho's height as 5'6" and I wondered about the other classic clowns none of them are even close to breaking the 6' mark. They are all somewhat small in stature.

Here is what I found out so far.

Chaplin: 5'5"

Moe: 5'4"
Larry: 5'4"
Curly: 5'5"
Shemp: 5'6"

Abbott: 5'8"
Costello: 5'5"

Groucho: 5'5"
Chico: 5'6"
Harpo: 5'6"
Zeppo: 5'9"