Classic Catwoman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes its a full sculpt. According to Mark, despite similarities, its an entirely new sculpt.

Oh wow! This thing is so bought! Thanks for the info! Balent catwoman is my favorite version of her! A COH would be the icing on the cake.

This "cost to produce has gone up" line as being the reason for price increases is BS. Sure maybe their production costs have increased some but its nowhere near the increases that they are charging us. All I know for sure is that I'm at my limit at $400 for a PF. Any more than that and I won't buy. I'm sure many others feel the same.

This "cost to produce has gone up" line as being the reason for price increases is BS. Sure maybe their production costs have increased some but its nowhere near the increases that they are charging us. All I know for sure is that I'm at my limit at $400 for a PF. Any more than that and I won't buy. I'm sure many others feel the same.
It's awesome to go back to old posts in 2010. Prices were much cheaper and people would complain about aftermarket prices if 500. Now aftermarket is in the thousands lol. The prices are going to just keep shooting up.

Prices for everything creep up every year. They'll keep going up and people will still buy from Sideshow. I can appreciate people setting a limit for how much they'll spend on a statue but it's not like SS is raising prices by $100 every 6 months. If my limit is $400 and a statue of a character I love is released for $430 then I'm still buying that statue. I may just get pickier about what I buy. I'm more angry about the prices of 1/6 scale figures going up to current PF level for figures like Ultron and Thanos.

Prices for everything creep up every year. They'll keep going up and people will still buy from Sideshow. I can appreciate people setting a limit for how much they'll spend on a statue but it's not like SS is raising prices by $100 every 6 months. If my limit is $400 and a statue of a character I love is released for $430 then I'm still buying that statue. I may just get pickier about what I buy. I'm more angry about the prices of 1/6 scale figures going up to current PF level for figures like Ultron and Thanos.

Thats a good point. Take Vader. $500, and I am very picky. Wont order it and already have the Mythos. I think alot of people who would buy multiples of characters stop that practice at these prices. I am comfortable paying $400. Will go higher for some characters, but when you are talking about collecting, they do force people out of the hobby or to become sporadic purchasers.

I know people also talk about secondary prices in the high hundreds to thousands, but you also get more and more PF's selling for under retail in this environment too. Last year I got two excellent PF's Lady Death (ebay) Jack Sparrow (Midtown) for nearly half off the original MSRP. Both were pieces I originally had on order at full price from SS but waited.

Thats a good point. Take Vader. $500, and I am very picky. Wont order it and already have the Mythos. I think alot of people who would buy multiples of characters stop that practice at these prices. I am comfortable paying $400. Will go higher for some characters, but when you are talking about collecting, they do force people out of the hobby or to become sporadic purchasers.

I know people also talk about secondary prices in the high hundreds to thousands, but you also get more and more PF's selling for under retail in this environment too. Last year I got two excellent PF's Lady Death (ebay) Jack Sparrow (Midtown) for nearly half off the original MSRP. Both were pieces I originally had on order at full price from SS but waited.

Very well said. Fair in both views of the park. I totally agree.

:exactly::goodpost:

That's pretty much how I'm feeling right now too. I'm REALLY slowing down on PFs to the point where even tempting ones become less tempting when I really weigh all aspects of it. The Canadian dollar hurting so much really doesn't help collecting on any front, but I completely agree that if it's a piece that I really want, then $30 won't change that. Of course, eventually it'll price me out, as I can't just continuously add $30 to that $30, but being really picky now is key.

And yeah, the 1/6 figures are hit and miss with deals, but the bigger characters (size wise) definitely got a price boost. I'm hoping that the regular figures (Cap, Black Widow, and eventually Ripley one day) will remain around the $200-$230 mark for a while yet.

I concur as well. Regardless how much coin one makes, eventually the cost outweighs the want. If theyre going to proceed with 'less for more', they can at least start making these poses more dynamic and give it some an addt'l wow factor.

Well said. I feel the same. The prices aren't stopping me from purchasing PF statues, they're just making me more selective. That's why I've mainly been focusing on the DC line right now. That, and the amazing quality of the line. The prices of 1/6 figures is another factor that pushed me away from them and into collecting PFs.

Back