CIV McDroids set on ebay for $19.99 BIN plus 7.99 shipping

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MaulFan said:
Seems a lil odd that they have over 100 of these, but they're rating is good so I guess it's legit.

100? Check the purchases. Looks like they've sold over 100 today and still have about 90 left. That doesn't include the 200 or more they sold over the last few days.

But if the stories are true, its said that all leftovers were meant to be returned to Hasbro after the show and DESTROYED. What Gencon did was sell the remaining stock to Toyrocket who is now selling them to us for the original price plus shipping.

All I got to say is WHATEVER, as long as I get mine. I hate con exclusives and I have been dying for this set since I saw it.

ToyRocket actually bought up all the remaining stock of them because they were to be destroyed if not sold. Thats why everyone got one free on Monday.

jason2885 said:
ToyRocket actually bought up all the remaining stock of them because they were to be destroyed if not sold. Thats why everyone got one free on Monday.

That would be such a waste, they could have easily sold them themselves, there are plenty of Non-Attendees looking for em.

MaulFan said:
That would be such a waste, they could have easily sold them themselves, there are plenty of Non-Attendees looking for em.
Supposedly this is where I head it from
swCollector.com said:
E-tailer Toyrocket.com has made an exclusive deal with Gen-Con to sell all remaining stock of the Celebration IV-exclusive McQuarrie Concept R2-D2 & C-3PO action figures. On Monday, the final day of Celebration IV, those with Monday passes were being given these figures free of charge, because any unsold figures were supposed to be destroyed. That's right: destroyed! Quantities are limited, though. Price: $19.99 + shipping.

I don't question it's valid that ToyRocket snagged them and all how they did, I'm just blown away that Hasbro would even think about destroying them, that's so much money they could make.

MaulFan said:
I don't question it's valid that ToyRocket snagged them and all how they did, I'm just blown away that Hasbro would even think about destroying them, that's so much money they could make.
They were not Hasbros to sell, Gencon has purchases X number from Hasbro for CIV and what they had left was theirs to do whatever they like. The Lukes which hasbro sold will most likely get new clamshells and take out the CIV backs.

I just got my droids! They look great. I'm lovin' these McQuarrie figures. :chew

I know it'd never happen, but I'd be all over 1/6 or PF versions from Sideshow.

Got mine too:
mcqc3por2.jpg

Very cool.

I'm hoping mine arrive in tomorrow's mail. To hold me over, I picked up the TSC Death Star Gunner since there's a clone sculpt under the helmet and thus fits in with my clone shelf. I also picked up the Wave 3 Stormtrooper for the same reason, and the Wave 3 Vader for the Kenobi cloak base and removable helmet with Hayden reveal.

Mine showed up today as well! Very cool, not really into the 3 3/4" figures anymore, but these are just too damn cool!

galactiboy said:
Mine showed up today as well! Very cool, not really into the 3 3/4" figures anymore, but these are just too damn cool!

I agree... I havn't bought a 3 3/4 fig in about 4 years... but these are sweet.

madden821 said:
I agree... I havn't bought a 3 3/4 fig in about 4 years... but these are sweet.
LOL these were the like the 3rd I bought since POTF2 unless you count the half dozen Vintage figures.

I received mine today and I was a little disappointed. The box was smashed to all hell and once opened the package had a dent in the left side not to mention the C:IV sticker was peeling off....

Thank god I also received my Luke and additional Threepio/Artoo from Mfoga in minty condition....needless to say this was the opener...:rolleyes:

The Mike said:
I received mine today and I was a little disappointed. The box was smashed to all hell and once opened the package had a dent in the left side not to mention the C:IV sticker was peeling off....

Thank god I also received my Luke and additional Threepio/Artoo from Mfoga in minty condition....needless to say this was the opener...:rolleyes:
Ohhh my heart dropped when I read that first part, I am so glad you put the second part I was just about to PM you almost didnt finish reading it.

:lol Don't worry Mark, you got a huge +1 from me in the feedback section! Can't thank you enough especially after this from ToyRocket....

Back