Cinemaquette 1:1 Baby Groot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pics Mr. Zero. I had to cancel cause of the holidays. May have to cancel Iron Man as well. He looks good but for some reason I expected a bit more. If I can find him after the holidays I may pick one up...

Hey did you pay a penalty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so I ended up getting this late last night, even though stupid CM never told me that I got charged, let alone that it even shipped :slap. I'm pretty satisfied with it. The mossy effect is very cool throughout the piece. The 3 heads are magnetic and attach easily. The pot feels like a real plant pot, but I don't think it is. The translucent green parts are very nice, and don't seem too fragile. As posted before, this isn't a super heavy piece like most ECC items, but it doesn't need to be either. I kind of get tired of their 60lb boxes lol. Is it slightly overpriced? Yea, but what isn't in this hobby now a days? You get a high quality item with a low ES, 3 change o heads and slight articulation of the arms. I'd recommend this to any Groot or GOTG fan. A few pics:

I'm surprised how big he is. I was expecting a little bit smaller, but I love the size here. The 3 head sculpts look great, but I don't think I'll ever use the "pouty" face.

Also, the instructions say you can move the arms up to a 45° angle, but I'm too afraid to try. When I tried there was a lot of resistance and the sound made me nervous. Not sure why I'd ever need to reposition the arms though.

Without further ado...

0e7eff79c460c2658bec56664fb46d50.jpg

8a0afcc93a29e982136a60a4619d6d94.jpg

fbc64bde80d64647691df5f0794361e9.jpg

6acd711a3fddab89a4806002660910d1.jpg

6ab79f945d01208f449c8f083a696a06.jpg

0926c9f370fe5caf53e3b25427df2740.jpg

3d9e8c7aba14ff5e675e4d3c5e3b6601.jpg

8ce5f70d70c8f17b1cca08b72d8be089.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Nice pics guys. I think it's cool the way they did the faces. Thought the whole heads would be swappable but makes more sense as faceplates. Should have mine tomorrow.

I received mine today. Overall it's a good piece if not a bit pricey.

As others have noted it's not that heavy, with the bulk of the weight I expect being solely the pot alone.

I've gone though all the posted pics and it seems everyone (me included) are leaving the arms in their up raised position as they come in the box. Even though the instruction sheet pic that comes with it has the arms down (like I believe the prototype pics had) and makes mention that you can bend it 45 degrees. I wish that they had provided multiple pics that show the full range of articulation in the arms.

On the faceplates/head I've noticed that the joints between the 'scalp' and some of the 'hair' pieces are quite noticable. In that they were glued on but a few of the joints weren't fully hidden by paint.

Also the method that they've used to create that white brushed effect on one of my faceplates seems a bit too straight. It's a bit hard to explain, but I can sort of see horizontal straight lines across the face. But lucky it comes with multiple faces.

But overall I am pleased that I purchased Little Groot. All I have to decide is where to put the little guy.

Hey Guys & Girls! :wave

Thought I would share a few pictures of my Potted Groot :)

IMG_1214.JPG

IMG_1217.JPG
I have the little guy planted on my desk at work and as you can see he has befriended a couple of mini figures :lol

Thoughts on the product?
He was a tad pricey, however given that it has 3 different sculpts, is a nice size and not overly space consuming I don't regret pulling the trigger on this piece.

I will eventually take him home and probably display it with a print out / back drop of the inner ship from the 'dancing scene'.

Back