Cigarette smoke effect on statues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarakawa

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a statue from a dude who says he is a hardcore smoker. He says the statue looks fine and the price is really good. My concern is the smell. I know you can use baggies and a dryer cloth to get rid of smoke smell on 1/6th figures but does this work with statues? I'm especially concerned cuz of the size...I would prob have to use a garbage bag and like a whole box of dryer clothes! Has anyone tried something like this? Oh, and are there any smokers out there who can tell me if that smell sinks into statues? The particular one I'm looking at is a PF so I'm guessing the smoke has set in pretty good on cloth pieces.

I am thinking of buying a statue from a dude who says he is a hardcore smoker. He says the statue looks fine and the price is really good. My concern is the smell. I know you can use baggies and a dryer cloth to get rid of smoke smell on 1/6th figures but does this work with statues? I'm especially concerned cuz of the size...I would prob have to use a garbage bag and like a whole box of dryer clothes! Has anyone tried something like this? Oh, and are there any smokers out there who can tell me if that smell sinks into statues? The particular one I'm looking at is a PF so I'm guessing the smoke has set in pretty good on cloth pieces.

I bought a 12" from an ebay member who did not list his item as smoke environment. I washed the clothes, tried dryer sheets/baggies, everything! Nothing worked.

I would be too terrified to try it with a statue.

Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Even if it was a massive discount I would pass.
Smokers aren't going to be able to say if it smells...they're used to it. :lol

I bought a curio cabinet from a smoker. It took awhile, year+, but the smell eventually went away.

My brother smokes in his house but just in one room and once a year he paints the ceiling because it's white and it gets an orange cast to it. :monkey4

Yeah any room that gets intensive smoking is going to have an all around yellow look to it. Any figures in that room are going to get a tar covering and have discoloration...and a stench. I saw and smelt it on a bunch of McFarlane figures that I left in my brothers bedroom when I was living at home. Unfortunately not all smokers are so bothered by their own habit and its environmental effects that they force themselves outside. I can't imagine my brother, my mum and my other half going outside everytime they lit up. That'd be about every 5 minutes.

I bought a 12" from an ebay member who did not list his item as smoke environment. I washed the clothes, tried dryer sheets/baggies, everything! Nothing worked.

I would be too terrified to try it with a statue.

Soak a washcloth in Listerine and put it in the same box as the doll and leave it for a week or so. Given Listerine gets the smell of human decomp out of a home, it'll get the smell out of the doll.

Soak a washcloth in Listerine and put it in the same box as the doll and leave it for a week or so. Given Listerine gets the smell of human decomp out of a home, it'll get the smell out of the doll.

Nam, have you been killing people in the house again?

woman-shaking-finger.jpg

I don't think I will ever understand smokers,
I have no problem with people smoking I understand some people use it to relax (What I heard anyway)

but Why do it at home and why ruin your stuff, why ruin your expensive stuff, a couple of times toys I bought they smelled so badly, the plastic was stained too,
Why? I don't get it, you can smoke outside, open a window, these figures and statues cost a lot, not only that but, I just dont get it really, Im not being sarcastic or anything, I really dont get why people would smoke indoors if they are collectors,
well, I don't care what people do, is their business, it just sucks to buy something from someone that doesn't say it smells like smoke, that surprise when opening the box sucks

LOL Namm, how much to take care of Blackmask and the Ween?

I kid guys! :peace

Nah, I would miss them. They must live!

I'd come back as a Zombie that smelled like Listerine and eat your brains. The whole teaspoon full that you have.

:nana:

Back