Chronicle Collectibles Starship Troopers Rodger Young

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Python

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not much to go on yet but I'm very excited for this one, it has a lot of Pedigree in that it is being created by Fon Davis and comes in at a very impressive 36" in length! I always appreciate a good starship design and this one always appealed to me. Coming soon.... "Would you like to know more?" ;)

Edit: This is being produced in house in the USA!

It's impossible to imagine this ship without hearing Klendathu drop!

pJYZGCi.jpg

yr0TvFI.jpg

494ge1e.jpg

ez63oUV.jpg

GEFPj6Z.jpg

KNuWdNa.jpg

Gscdp5j.jpg

c0EdiDZ.png

T9shPba.png

Re: Chronicle Collectibles Starship Troopers Roger Young

Just me excited on here? Kit version with lighting confirmed alongside the collectible, as well as multiple configurations. Looks ace imo!

ez63oUV.jpg

It is definitively looking impressive.

Just wish we had some aliens from starship troopers done soon!

I'm really surprised there isn't more love on here.

As for the bugs, Chronicle have just released the Tanker bug and it looks excellent, I am sure we will see more from them as they seem to be enjoying this license. I am too, it's about time we got some real nice representations of the modelling and design work from this movie....

Starship Troopers Tanker Bug - Chronicle Collectibles

And then there is the small matter of this little announcement ;)

36" Athena Class!

cUxJYEa.jpg

Wow Tanker looks fantastic. Might have to pick that up now. How's the quality of chronicle's finished products? Don't have much experience with them

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they ship internationally if I preordered direct? Seems like my local distributor does not stock the tanker

Thanks for the reply. Emailed paul a week ago and no reply. And for some reason I cant post over at SF even after activating my account. If you could do me a solid and copy paste my question over there that would be great :wink1: Im so ready to get my PO down on this.

On another note, there doesnt seem to be much interest in the starship trooper line at all. Def hope to see some warrior bugs in the future.

Last edited:
Hmmm, are you able to message one of the mods on there to see why you can't post? I'll do it for you if not.

For now though, I have asked the question for you in their questions thread.

So, a little update, the expected price of $250 didn't quite pan out. This will be up soon for $600, shipping to the UK is $100 USPS, or $190 Fed Ex. Ouch! As much as I love and want this thing, even I'm out unfortunately...

Is it that memorable at all? I love the movie, watched it many time, can describe any bug or outfit.....But if you showed me the ship, I would never know where it's from.

Well I would say it is, but then I love a good ship design and tend to take notice. I love this corvette design personally. But $1k + for a kit is a hard pill to swallow even for me. Imagine if you messed up the build, I think I'd actually cry.

Well, this is a shame, but the price was very steep. Hopefully it will be seen again in future with a lower price point if possible. This would have been the ultimate item for me so I'm disappointed...

Seemed as if you guys said the costs were to high so I shelved it, for now. It's not a high priority for us....

We make these in the states, it's a massive amount of parts, rotocast pieces, photo-etched parts and decals. I was doing it just to make the thing for the fans, I wasn't expecting to sell that many.

Paul

And back on, and up for sale tomorrow. i want his thing so much but I have been well and truly priced out of it once all is said and done. :gah:

"Hey guys,

The Rodger Young Model Kit will be available for order tomorrow, March 16th, at 6:00pm Central Standard Time (Chicago, USA). The cost is $650 and includes instructions, decals and photo etched parts. This massive resin kit is 35" long and most of it is channeled for lights, though electronics are not included. Includes two command towers, pre-asteroid and after. Rodger Young was mastered by Fon Davis from the original molds, decals by JT Graphics, and instructions and photo etched parts by Richard Long.

This is the most accurate Rodger Young model ever offered for sale.

I had notes on your accounts to let you know when it would be available so you get the news even before I have sent out the newsletter. I hope you're still interested in this beautiful kit and please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you so much!"

Back