Christopher lee Dracula: new custom figure from Distinctive Dummies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And a customer was so happy with the Dracula he made a You Tube vid for it too
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYiqN8_mIxc[/ame]

If I get an extra of any of the three Dracula sculpts - preferably the neutral - I'm determined to do this. I think, with the right paint finish, it can be done with something like green stuff (to make the eyelids).

Did you modify the head to fit a Sideshow body like I had done?

No I used the original body and just cut the legs and extended them with some plastic rods I had and glued the ankles and feet back on.

Had a go at repainting the head with mixed results.
I'll post some pics when I can, but it ain't pretty:)

The hair came out nice but went a bit mad with the eyebrows and they need toning down a tad.
Also the eyes need more work but great sculpt so I'll take my time and make a decent job of it as the first paint up was a bit of a rush job.

Okay Phibes, you are officially responsible for another sale. I let Mr. Cage know where I heard about his Dracula figure. He ought to give you points or something. Thanks for bringing this to the forum. I'm real intrigued by the tall body, too.

:hi5:

I didnt like the "toothy" Lee sculpt when i saw the promo pics, but those in hand pics look pretty good! might get this

Pretty great sculpt. And it is worth noting that this Dracula is a 'Dracula Prince of Darkness' figure specifically:

drac_3.jpg

I should get round to posting my old Father Sandor kitbash soon! :)

No I used the original body and just cut the legs and extended them with some plastic rods I had and glued the ankles and feet back on.

Had a go at repainting the head with mixed results.
I'll post some pics when I can, but it ain't pretty:)

The hair came out nice but went a bit mad with the eyebrows and they need toning down a tad.
Also the eyes need more work but great sculpt so I'll take my time and make a decent job of it as the first paint up was a bit of a rush job.

Can't wait to see it, and I am sure the paintjob is better than I can do (though I did some minor works on a few Franco-ized PE Draculas which came out OK). I have never extended bodies before for the fear that I'd mess them up. The only reason the Dracula I customized is taller is because the boots give him more of an ankle (his arms still look OK and the right size though...but I have always thought Sideshow had somewhat long arms).

Heres some pics still need to sort out the paint but it gives you an idea.
100_8215_zpsda381a95.jpg

100_8217_zps3ebddaa7.jpg

100_8218_zps4a13f569.jpg

100_8220_zps07306ce6.jpg

Pics make you realise how good a sculpt it is even if the paint isn't spot on yet.

So glad I found this thread :yess: I love Hammer films and must have these 2 in my horror section, Anyone know if they mark them down for customs?

Back