Christopher Lee as THE MUMMY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The arms are damned if you do or damned if you don't. I saw an early photo without the padding and the arms were too lanky. As Anton as already pointed out, Lee was pretty thick in that movie, so I prefer it as is.

I like that a lot, and now I'm gonna have to check out that version of the mummy. Love me some Christopher Lee.

Seems to me that the photos oF THe Lee Mummy movie show him having beefy biceps but what do I know?
And persitant reference of and comparison to Sideshow, why?
Sideshow is a major company who has its items mass produced in China where as I am an individual, who apart from the sculpt, does everything myself (well with the Mrs that is). You have to remember I am making the figures that Sideshow and others didnt want to produce because the market was deemed to small.
I am glad Dr. Mirakle posts my figures on here as I find the feedback, both positive and negative, amusing.
There will always be those who have a self perceived eye of an expert who say "Its not as good as........", or " If sideshow................." or "Hot Toys would......................" but it actually has no bearing to me or my figures. As a single producer only two things really matter, sales and customer satisfaction and luckily I have both. My Norman Bates was slated because of the finish and likeness, yet I have had feedback saying its "one on my most lifelike figures" and "please use the translucent finish again." If my paying customers pick my figures apart then i would know I am doing something wrong but they dont. The Mummy is my 12th figure in around 18 months (14 if you count the B/W versions) and the next one is already in the sculpture process. The way I look at it is I must be doing something right. I also look at it as an age and maturity thing. Over on the Mego forum, where they appreciate the classic look, The Mummy got a very positive response. Its all a matter of perception and what you want with a figure.
I dont usually like to mention this but I sold a third of The Mummy's run within three hours and gained another wholesaler. I hope Dr. Mirakle continues to post my figures here but could I ask that if you decide to pick it apart, do it for what it is and not in a comparison to what somebody else done.
Kind Thanks
Martin / Aoy

Have you seen the Chris Lee Mummy flick? Just as Chaney was portly (the fattest emaciated Mummy you are ever gonna see), Lee was towering strength. They made a point to incorporate Lee's strength into the film's scroll of life. "Make supple these limbs and strong these sinews." Lee's bandages were so tight in the film, he popped his collar when he "snapped" the Egyptian fellas back. Meanwhile, Chaney must've binge drank those fattening, fattening tana leaves. Shamey on him.

Lee's unstoppable Mummy, also tall, fast and imposing (he nearly runs after his prey in the film). He is shot, stabbed with a spear, and shot again. It isnt until they have a barrage of surrounding gunfire that someone nearly takes his head off and puts him down. Lee's Mummy is credited for inspiring the later stable of unstoppables such as Myers and Jason. As in love as I am with the Universal classics: my opinion is the Lee/Cushing Hammer Mummy film of 1959 is the best Mummy film ever made. If you haven't seen it---I highly recommend it

PETER+CUSHING+CHRISTOPEHRE+LEE+THE+MUMMY+PCASUK.jpg

PETER+CUSHING+THE+MUMMY+HAMMER+FILMS+PCASUK+6977.jpg

PETER+CUSHING+THE+MUMMY+2.jpg

jackpierce22oi9.jpg

You sure thats not Lon Chaney Jr in that last pic? It doesn't look a thing like Lee but I totally can see Chaney.

I think Anton was pointing out the difference between Chaney and Lee which is why both characters were included

Last edited:
:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly::goodpost: It's not Lee, It's Chaney Jr, from Mummy's Ghost:

MummysGhost_1.jpg

Come on guys....I know the last pic is Lon Chaney for God's sake.:gah::lol:slap Did you read the written part of the post or just look at the pictures? I said Chaney was portly and wanted to find a pick of his beer belly Mummy to compare to the shots of Lee being tightly wrapped and beefy.

That is why I wrote the line about the fattening tana leaves in the post. Lee didnt drink tanna leaves.:lecture

You would be correct. Thank you. I think some folks are drunk posting, not reading my written replies, or are just screwing with me. If I couldnt tell Chaney from Lee---I wouldn't be much of a fan.

I know Anton. I know you know your monsters, you know and you know I know you know

Last edited:
:lol Glad I'm not crazy then. I knew that was Chaney!

And actually, wrapped up like that, there isn't a ton of difference in buff Lee or fat Chaney :lol

:lol Glad I'm not crazy then. I knew that was Chaney!

And actually, wrapped up like that, there isn't a ton of difference in buff Lee or fat Chaney :lol

....just that tana leave/root beer belly,lol. Its really evident in the Mummy's Curse (which was the picture I was hunting, but couldnt find until now).Well---plus the fact that Chaney did have a stunt man and was drunk most of the time. A point he had in common with some of our fellow freaks at times:lol Chaney was a fat Mummy. BIG-FAT-MUMMY. But I still love him.:lol

Mummy%2527sCurse.jpg

tumblr_lj9ek8QF7l1qcay1ao1_500.gif

027.jpg

Since this has always been my favorite Mummy film, I also wouldn't mind figures of Christopher Lee as (living) High Priest Kharis and George Pastell as Mehmet Akir, the mummy's keeper.

mummy2.jpg
13465-4227.jpg

I'd pay good money for Mehmet ''Akir'' Bey too. He is the best part of the best Mummy film IMO, save for Christopher Lee's Mummy himself.

This figure is pretty good too. Infact, the sculpt and bandages are breathtaking.

Lee's stunt double didnt start working with him until Dracula Prince of Darkness, and he did play a Mummy in a different Hammer film. His name was Eddie Powell.

Actually, I believe Lee had one of his two stuntman (can't remember which but both played Mummies in the sequels, one was Eddie Powell but I cannot remember the other man's name) for one scene in 'The Mummy', which I think was him going under water. Christopher Lee rarely used stunt-doubles even after his injuries, unless the action was too strenuous or dangerous (such as Dracula setting alight in 'Scars of Dracula'...that was Eddie Powell, I think).

Ironically, I feel the same about people who try to make HT look better by comparing it to considerably older releases that were a fraction of the price... kinda like what you did there. :lol

To be fair, this figure is made by a small operation. It is really just a custom figure with a nice box. It'll be hard to get a figure of higher quality made than this on this budget. As it is, the headsculpt is as good as anything HT puts out, it is Lee's Mummy, no doubt about that, because the sculptor is a talented artist that specializes in making busts and dioramas based on Hammer films.

The paint might be better, though I find that the paint aps for the skin are nearly perfect. The eyes are a bit weaker, but as half of my collection are custom figures, I have not seen much better. Eyes are hard and this figure has well-painted eyes.

I might be tempted to buy another and add the head to an HT body, with the same bandaged method used in the figure above (I enquired about it before, so I could replicate it) just to show that this figure would stand up well with HT figures...even if I do not care for them myself (though I am growing fond of ''Clone Toy'' bodies).

Let's face it, this figure is barely even retro as he is too lifelike. The old Dragon body is the only thing that is a bit ''old school'' about this figure. I doubt anyone could make a better and more realistic Mummy figure using a Dragon body.

To be fair, this figure is made by a small operation. It is really just a custom figure with a nice box. It'll be hard to get a figure of higher quality made than this on this budget. As it is, the headsculpt is as good as anything HT puts out, it is Lee's Mummy, no doubt about that, because the sculptor is a talented artist that specializes in making busts and dioramas based on Hammer films.

The paint might be better, though I find that the paint aps for the skin are nearly perfect. The eyes are a bit weaker, but as half of my collection are custom figures, I have not seen much better. Eyes are hard and this figure has well-painted eyes.

I might be tempted to buy another and add the head to an HT body, with the same bandaged method used in the figure above (I enquired about it before, so I could replicate it) just to show that this figure would stand up well with HT figures...even if I do not care for them myself (though I am growing fond of ''Clone Toy'' bodies).

Let's face it, this figure is barely even retro as he is too lifelike. The old Dragon body is the only thing that is a bit ''old school'' about this figure. I doubt anyone could make a better and more realistic Mummy figure using a Dragon body.

:nono I was agreeing with you. I despise people who pull that garbage. Like when they trolled Sideshow's 5+ -year-old $50 T-800 figure, blasting it in their comparison to Hot Toys' $200 T800 when it was first announced.

:nono I was agreeing with you. I despise people who pull that garbage. Like when they trolled Sideshow's 5+ -year-old $50 T-800 figure, blasting it in their comparison to Hot Toys' $200 T800 when it was first announced.

I remember the Sideshow T-800. In some regards I preferred it because one of my main criticisms of HT is their cold sculpts. That is a small criticism, though, the pricing is something that really is a problem though.

Obviously the HT T-800 figure is better as a whole, it costs a hell of a lot more and HT are far bigger than Sideshow was. I'm not keen on comparisons either and, if I am honest, I dislike faulting something that artists have spent time on. It is why I steer clear of commenting negatively on custom figures I do not like; too personal for me. Now companies I can criticize for putting out unimaginative figures in place of more interesting ones (modern camo ninja in otherwise traditional garments instead of some very historical Japanese figure that has never been made, comes to mind).

Back