Christmas Haul 2015 (70+ gifts)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that is incredible King. It deserves your own thread. You make a lot of kids happy on Christmas. Incredibly gracious.

^

That's fantastic. Really kind of you KingGrayskull.

Thanks! It has turned out to be one of my favorite actions in my freetime over the year. Some of us (on this board most likely all of us) were very lucky in life. I dont consider myself "rich" in terms of money by any means. But I have a save home and work and a healthy family I can take care of. Thats why I consider myself a true lucky person. The idea "to give something back" has started about 5 or 6 years ago and grew from there. Guess it went a little out of proportion, but you dont want to have less packages than the year before because it would mean a child that got one last year would lose out this year. So the project grew over the years a little faster than expected. That however can indeed be very tuff: I came in short this year with 40 packages in comparison to last year which did really hurt me. Looks like I have reached the peak.

Wow, that is incredible King. It deserves your own thread. You make a lot of kids happy on Christmas. Incredibly gracious.

Thanks my friend. Didnt want to hijack your thread. Its usually nothing I talk about. Its just a hobby. :lol :duff

Also thanks for the reps guys. However it wasnt really my intention to show off. I just felt like showing how I celebrate Christmas and add something to the conversation. :)

Thanks! It has turned out to be one of my favorite actions in my freetime over the year. Some of us (on this board most likely all of us) were very lucky in life. I dont consider myself "rich" in terms of money by any means. But I have a save home and work and a healthy family I can take care of. Thats why I consider myself a true lucky person. The idea "to give something back" has started about 5 or 6 years ago and grew from there. Guess it went a little out of proportion, but you dont want to have less packages than the year before because it would mean a child that got one last year would lose out this year. So the project grew over the years a little faster than expected. That however can indeed be very tuff: I came in short this year with 40 packages in comparison to last year which did really hurt me. Looks like I have reached the peak.

Thanks my friend. Didnt want to hijack your thread. Its usually nothing I talk about. Its just a hobby. :lol :duff

Also thanks for the reps guys. However it wasnt really my intention to show off. I just felt like showing how I celebrate Christmas and add something to the conversation. :)

You deserve to hijack my thread :lol Really awesome man. You deserve the praise for making hundreds of kids Christmas. :)

No gifts as every year. I am a gifted man as I can buy the stuff I want myself (at least as long as the money lasts :lol). A few years back I have started collecting gifts for children that have been forgotten by Santa. As every year this is my most satisfying gift. This year I was able to present a gift to almost 900 children. :)

Here you can see them all packed up ready for delivery. Ho ho ho!!! :)

View attachment 232514

must have took alot of time to pack 900 gift boxes. or did you get the cashier to do it for you? what are the stuffs inside?

You deserve to hijack my thread :lol Really awesome man. You deserve the praise for making hundreds of kids Christmas. :)

Thank you for being so kind. :)

must have took alot of time to pack 900 gift boxes. or did you get the cashier to do it for you? what are the stuffs inside?

Not all have been packed by me. I try to focus on presenting my project to schools, kindergarten amd companies. The packages are usually packed by children for other children. Companies usually provide me with boxes, chocolate, toys, pens, even toothbrushes and soap and all the other stuff that is needed. You can calculate with half a day per week from January to August. From September until the first week of December it is 2-3 days per week depending on my schedule. Plus hunting toys on Sundays at the occasional flear markets.
You can calculate with a value from 5 to 20 per package (depends on age, luck and availablility). If the toy is cool (Lego for example) you will most likely have not that many other things such as sweeties. If the toy has less value I am trying to pimp the package a little bit. Also I do always have some extra toys with me. There is always a little brother/ sister or just a defect toy.
Guess this is were it all comes back together: TOYS. If I werent a collector myself I wouldnt be that much into this project. :)
Also I have tons (really!) of handmade clothes from an old woman in order to provide warm clothes for children were needed. She is knitting the whole year for me, every evening. Sadly her husband just died a few days before Christmas... This year I just went to my stock and added a pair of warm handmade socks to every package that you see in the pics above, yet I really dont see anything missing in my stock. :lol

Really cool KingGrayskull!! :clap

Thanks man! :duff

Anyway guys! Lets get back to toys because this is what this Western thread is made for. I just scored a MK 7 Stealth as an ACG for myself! :rock

I got a can of air freshener, a 3-pin plug, a $3 Terminator t-shirt and a caterpillar.

23658576559_6665ce3e11_n.jpg

23943872241_c13219f71d_n.jpg

23730693740_b00a4e7850_n.jpg

23398203684_6bedc59d04_n.jpg

Here's my haul! From XMAS & Boxing Day sales, using my gifts cards and such :santa

XmasBoxingdayHaul2015.jpg

To each his own, but I've never understood spending THOUSANDS of dollars on a holiday.

To each his own, but I've never understood spending THOUSANDS of dollars on a holiday.

It's not people spending that kind of money I roll my eyes at, but people who can't afford to but do so anyway out of some sense of obligation or competition with others.

This year I only got five small gifts total but had one of the best Christmases ever. It was an 'even' year, which means:

- no interstate travel to my in-laws, so we can decorate a real tree together and do an advent calendar.
- my Latvian mother cooks pirags (Latvian pastries filled with bacon and onion)
- my Chinese mother cooks Peking Duck.
- in lieu of gifts for our kids, we asked family to contribute to the cost of an overpriced kitten. So we don't have a whole heap of well-intentioned but ultimately inappropriate stuff.
- we got our girls a bunch of stuff they really appreciated and will use/wear throughout the year.

My sister got me my only nerd gift, a set of melamine plates:

Star-Wars-Plate-Set.jpg

Here's my haul! From XMAS & Boxing Day sales, using my gifts cards and such :santa

View attachment 232740

Nice haul :rock I like that Lego Wall-E, never seen it before. The batman animated figs are great to. Man-Bat is like a foot long :lol

Christmas means different things for each family. We make sugar cookies a week before Christmas and decorate multiple Christmas trees for each room. Then buy gifts. I never understood not buying any gifts or doing the bare minimum for Christmas. Just different ideas and thoughts for each though. :)

Nice plates Lejuan, those are pretty cool. Have you read the Shakespearian Star Wars? Although different eras, you might like those books if you enjoy a historic twist on Star Wars.

I haven't read Shakespeare's Star Wars. I'm not a massive SW fan, but I might seek that out, it sounds interesting - pretty sure I glanced at a copy in my local CS a while back :)

We usually focus on the kids lately but the wife knows I like MillaJ and got me this. If only her pic was on the card.

5211_Fifth_Element_Reaction_Straps_Leeloo_GLAM_1024x1024.jpg

Feel free to post yours as well. I like seeing what everyone got. :)

Here is mine.

Lt5d2Vc.jpg

JEbuQVQ.jpg

wOIVHm1.jpg

IoAWfHL.jpg

17 Funkos
10 Hot Toys
2 Premium Format Statues (Captain America didn't arrive in time)
2 Transformers
9 Batman Animated Figures
11 Marvel Legends
4 Arrow Figures
4 Arkham Knight Figures
2 Black Series Figures
3 Graphic Novels
4 3.75 Star Wars Two Packs
8 Miscellaneous Items

Just curious how old you are?

I received this wood plaque:

s-l1600-7.jpg