Chewie Premium Format....real fur or sculpt ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chewie PF...real fur or sculpt?

• Real fur

Votes: 68 76.4%
  • Sculpt

Votes: 21 23.6%

• Total voters
it may take sometime for SS to finish this type of project but at least we are getting something worth waiting for.

It ain't that hard !!!!

That's what she said.
the-office-michael-scott.jpg

Both have big cons for me, sculpted won't look nearly as good as real fur, but real fur seems like it may be a nightmare. Imagine trying to keep it dust free without putting it in some sort of case. And would we have to worry about it shedding? I'll be damned if I have to start brushing my dolls hair.

Sideshow gave Van Helsing real hair !!!!

WHY NOT CHEWIE !!!! :chew

Just take some from the remaining Van Helsing PF and patch it on Chewie PF !!!!

I think for PF it would have to be real fur... otherwise it would be a waste. For 1/6 I'm okay either way as long as it looks good.

But I think with a static figure (like a PF) their has to be a way to do it. Not worried about price though since I don't collecto PFs :monkey3

Both have big cons for me, sculpted won't look nearly as good as real fur, but real fur seems like it may be a nightmare. Imagine trying to keep it dust free without putting it in some sort of case. And would we have to worry about it shedding? I'll be damned if I have to start brushing my dolls hair.

Mine would be in a case so no worries here.

I dont care how they do it as long as I get a Chewie to put with the rest of the ANH PF. Also we need those droids too.

This one's tough...

I think that a furry wookie could be made by the artists, but the trouble would come from the mass production. We've already seen the trouble caused by painters alone in the Chinese shops in which the PFs and 12"-ers are produced. The intricacies of a fur-covered figure might just elude them.

First of all, it's not like you can just pick a single color of hair and tack it all over the body. That wouldn't work. Chewie has all manner of brown tones in his fur, as well as some black and blondish coloring as well. All of these different hues blend together to form the patterns we see in his fur. In order to maintain any form of consistency, each body would have to be produced with a sort of fur-by-number pattern to use as a guide for the overseas people to work with. Otherwise these things will come out like a line of tie-dyed t-shirts -- no two will look alike. And if there's one thing that we as collectors demand, it's consistency in our products.

Second of all, there's the issue of varying lengths of fur. The longish fur hanging from Chewie's arm, for example, is a far cry from the short little hairs that surround his eyes, mouth, and nose. These short hairs would also then have to gradually lengthen to blend with the aforementioned longer hairs. Anything else, and it would look like ... well ... a doll. *shudders*

Finally, given the fact that any synthetic hair is going to add a ridiculous amount of volume to the sculpt, I can't imagine the sculpting nightmare involved with determining how to alter the facial features around the eyes, nose, and mouth in order to compensate for it. If they don't thin out the fur-covered areas relative to the exposed facial features, our Chewie will stand a very real risk of looking like he just got out of the shower and was attacked by a thousand crazy stylists with hair dryers. :( (Anyone see Disney's animated "Beauty and the Beast?" :lol)

I'm not holding my breath for a Chewbacca PF. If it ever gets made, I know they will do it properly. If they can't, however, then I hope they don't do it at all.

And, for the record, I would pay $800 for a Chewbacca, properly done. :D

Gotta be real fur, no point otherwise... I mean we're talking 'PREMIUM' format right!:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew

Gotta be real fur, no point otherwise... I mean we're talking 'PREMIUM' format right!:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew

My thoughts exactly. Oh, and my $$$ is on a furry Chewie in PF before they get to a furry Chewie in 1/6...something about a taller body sculpt WITH articulation WITH fur makes me think the 1/6 Chewie is gonna be a while in R&D yet...

Oh, and for the PF exclusive...C-3PO in pieces in that netted sling to attach to Chewie's back! :rock

A "premium format" Chewie in plastic would be a cop out.

I'm sure it would look nice but it wouldn't look amazing, as it would if made with faux fur.

But if no fur, then the price should reflect that.

i think they only way they would be able to do it would be a "fur suit" that they pull over the polystone frame and then touch it up so it doesn't appear to be a suit.

I am shocked to see 11 votes for sculpted. Who wants a plastic Chewie? :confused:

Back