ChewBacca

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, but the idea of a toy figure with head to toe fur, with real hair really isn't appealing to me. I might find that rather disgusting actually, but to each is own.

Look at all the trouble the Beast is causing for not wearing pants. Oh my.

This year I have made a resolution to wear pants, even on my days off.

Last edited:
Chewie at least has a sash. Beast just has glasses :google I'd like a Chewie down the road, but not at the moment. They need to come up with the perfect way to make him as a rubber suit or how to work the hair to look like Chewie. It would also appeal to non-Star Wars fans (if those exist) as a easy Bigfoot custom.

Most of you are being sarcastic right? If you read messages over at RebelScum, you will see that there is actually quite a bit of demand for well-done 1/6 furry Chewie. A good resemblance is key.

Yes, sarcasm. I'd definitely throw in for a great looking Chewie, provided Han was worth the money as well. Can't have one without the other, so if one looks like crap, I shant be getting the other.

Chewie should have real fur, bowcaster, stormtrooper rifle, hydrospanner, goggles, oxygen mask, wrist binders, and an ROTJ neck chain. The net backpack can come with 3PO. :banana

I'd definitely would get a 1/6 scale Chewbacca. As long as it doesn't look like it belongs in the Marvel section....

:rolleyes:

He's refurring (sic) to the sculpted blue beast - now wouldn't he look better with real fur?

And I'd pay muy extra for a real hairy Chewie - NO RUBBER SUITS!!!!!

A 1/6 furry Chewie is a must have to go along with the eventual 1/6 Han. Can't have one without the other IMO.

Chewie is a no-brainer. If they leave out Chewie, then they might as well leave out Han as well.

No rubber suits or hard plastic turd looking Hasbro remakes, please. A faux-furred Chewie in 1/6th and of course in PF or Sideshow might as well just skip the character alltogether.

Here are a couple of pics of a 12 inch custom Chewie that I've been able to locate on the web. Keep in mind that Sideshow could do him even better...

https://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-4/151986/ATPES-P1080008.JPG

https://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-4/151986/YFFPR-P1080006.JPG

I've got a few pics at home of an even better looking Chewie custom in 12". Will try to post them when I get home.

It's certainly do-able. Hopefully Sideshow will come through.

That is a very nice looking Chewy, any other pics of him with figures to see the scale?

I'm sure Sideshow will do one like this and not a plastic sculpt or rubber suit.

I've been waiting for a GOOD 12" (larger, actually) Chewbacca since... oh... 1978. If it was done right and looked good enough, I could see myself dropping $100 on it. I don't see Sideshow's figures as toys... rather as displayable works of art.

Hey, Denger - doesn't this SlackJawedYokel know you from somewhere...? :D

- Jow!

MicroJow said:
I've been waiting for a GOOD 12" (larger, actually) Chewbacca since... oh... 1978. If it was done right and looked good enough, I could see myself dropping $100 on it. I don't see Sideshow's figures as toys... rather as displayable works of art.

Hey, Denger - doesn't this SlackJawedYokel know you from somewhere...? :D

- Jow!

Not only him, but this KampKrusty Buttmunch does.

Chewie is the one figure I am worried will look lame. I really want one but I would rather they not make one if it is just too difficult and expensive to do right. He should have the dignity of a good representation or none at all.

Back