Check It Out!! My 1/6 Felt Fedora Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, thats a far cry from the huge felt thing that came with the original 1982 Kenner 12"...nice job.

thanks guys that one is the trial one...actually i made another one also, but I think I just might start selling not 100% sure though now! But if so i was thinking of sellin them with various movie seen types or by just open crown like how regular fedoras are sold

Only suggestion I have at this point is o source a dark chocolate brown ribbon instead of the black you are using.. that way it would be more accurate... this is a long overdue and needed accessory

Only suggestion I have at this point is o source a dark chocolate brown ribbon instead of the black you are using.. that way it would be more accurate... this is a long overdue and needed accessory

The lighting isn't the best they actually make the hats look lighter, but they actually are dark chocolate and in the creation process the fedora tends to get a little lighter

Thanks Guys

All these pictures have been takin via my phone so not the best, but heres my semi finished fedora with my bow on it...I've only got to sew the inside lining of the fedora.

Cool stuff ! looks like it is coming along well... one other thing you may want to try is holding the felt near a flame (obviously very carefully) and singe the stray fuzz off... I do this with a lot of 1/6 clothing and it helps the appearance quite a bit..

You're work is amazing buy the way, I need to get your raider set. I will do so to perfect the process I've been trying out different felts as well

I have always wondered how thin you could get actual beaver felt... but if you could find a really smooth felt in a really thin stock you'd be set ! Would be cool to display the Raiders PF with the hatless head holding his fedora in the idol hand :)

these pictures have better lighting
P4191729.jpg
P4191752.jpg

I want a material to mimic mindbooks fedoras hes made (in the pictures below)
DSC_59788.jpg
DSC_6388888.jpg
india.jpg

Really never thought this would turn-out, because they always look furry, but the one you posted above Mindbook's is looking pretty sharp.

And yeah, I think MB is using something besides felt for his. You can probably sand the piss out of leather to give it a fuzzy look.

Back