Cheap Alternative for Hot toys Storm Trooper?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

optical20

Super Freak
Reaction score
Is there a cheap 12" decent enough substitute for a hot toys storm trooper? I have a Vader hot toys but I can't spend over $400 for 2 troopers that would basically just be a background diorama for my Vader

Copy a photo on mine and pin it to the wall.

Really so OCD that you need two Stormtroopers to flank Vader, yet so cheap that you're willing to nullify your excellent Vader with substandard work?

Copy a photo on mine and pin it to the wall.

Really so OCD that you need two Stormtroopers to flank Vader, yet so cheap that you're willing to nullify your excellent Vader with substandard work?

Who said I was OCD about anything? I was just asking about alternatives and because unlike you not everyone can spend hundreds of dollars just like that.

I'd recommend Marmit for sure. The kits look great once they're put on a newer body.

Example: Two of mine on DiD bodies.

There is a little modding involved with these two but you get the idea. I've used the HT waist armor and belt on most of mine. The main thing to address is the hands. The original Marmit ones pretty much suck for holding weapons. I don't really know how well the bodies pose because I switched all mine out but the armor can go on a lot of bodies without having to alter them to fit. The undersuit as well. And then the helmets can go over almost any head sculpt so that's an option too if you're interested. And as far as the helmet shape, I think it looks the best. Way better than Sideshow.

The two on the left in this picture are unaltered aside from a body swap. The belts are molded to the torso armor as one piece. And they have a little crappy plastic holster on the belt.

But if you're just looking for a good background Stormie you may be able to get away with just the Marmit without altering anything. Hope this has helped a little.

Back